How to add an Indicator to MT4

How do I add a new indicator to MT4?

Pivot Points :slight_smile:

Make sure MT4 is closed.

Copy indicator to your MT4 folder > experts > indicators.

Start MT4 and you’ll find it in the Navigator window under “Customer Indicators”.

Thanks In2Blues, works

:slight_smile:

How would you back test your indicators because in MT4 you can only back test macd and moving average?

You’re welcome, ts404.

Pretty much any indicator can be backtested in MT4. They all work the same way for backtesting.

Are you having trouble backtesting a specific indicator?

When i go to the strategy tester in mt4 the only expert advisors there to backtest are macd and moving average. How do you put other indicators there to backtest?

Ah, now that’s a different story.

I never use the strategy tester. I manually backtest my strategies so that I can account for the actual times that I’m available to trade, decisions that I would make to possibly stay out of a trade under certain circumstances, etc. That’s why I can use all indicators.

Hopefully someone who uses the strategy tester can answer your question.

No problem Blues thanks. gl in your trading

Hai ,

How do i add moving average to Macd?

There are many indicators added in MT4 . I think there is no need to add other indicators. Most of the traders just use some of them They can not trade with all indicators. If you want to find the efficiency of indicators. Try them on demo one by one . In this way you will find best indicator for your needs.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

About how to add indicator to terminal you can read in help file of terminal