Journal Layout - an example

Dear Friends,
I’m still using demo accounts and learning.
But I’ve started already using a Journal as my “main” tool.

Please find attached my suggestion for a Journal.
I would like to know what do you think and share similar journals, to achieve the ultimate journal.

As you can see mine is a simple one.
I have an important column there that is called ID.
Each position has an ID number, this number corresponds to a folder with the same number.

Inside that folder I save info that I’m “fishing” from the net while the position is open, and that includes:
[ul]
[li] prinscreens of charts
[/li][li] email with news
[/li][li] morning comments from newsfeed telling how will the market will behave
[/li][li] etc…
[/li][/ul]

What do you think of this Journal ?
What do you suggest I should add/remove ?

Kindest Regards

/Ricardo

Thanks for posting that Ricardo.

It looks like you have a comment field, but you are not using it. I would put your thoughts and explanations for why you entered and exited your trade. This will help you review and pin point mistakes you may be making either in your methods or issues you may have to deal with psychologically. I would do this even if you had a purely mechanical system.

Constant review and learning is key to improving any performance based skill such as trading.

Keeping a journal is a great step towards improvement, so stick with it! Keep up the good work!

Yes you’re right. And I will use it indeed.
…but as you can see from the amount of lines on my journal, I’m still just warming up :rolleyes:

Kind Regards
/Ricardo