Would NZD create a record and reach decade high

Is the NZD on its way to .9000 + handle. Some say that it will reach .9070 when trading ends next week. I really fail to understand how? Pls educate me.

Now I am reading in various places that the NZD will be 0.98 to a US Dollar by next month, I find it very very hard to believe. Forget technical analysis - just the comparison of the economy gives you a picture of how high NZD can go - of course, unless they suddenly discover huge deposit of oil/gold/ and diamonds.

The Kiwi will need to break the 90 handle w/ conviction.
Tick volume in June is roughly half of the action for May, and well below a simple 20MVA (first time in 5 months).
Summer time low volatility may lead to the pair having trouble breaking any time soon.
Only the charts will tell…

Breaking the 90 handle seems a faraway thing now as the trade balance came out worse than expected.

I’m short :wink:

Me too! But it did not come down as much as I had thought it would. Especially after the hawkish speech yesterday about US interest rate increase sooner/early 2015, and after that not so good GDP by NZ. I like your explanation, would appreciate if you could explain - I am new and learning.

I started this thread 2 weeks back - but what I would like to know now is why is the Nzd hovering so high even with bad news coming from the Island. The thrust upward had gained momentum just an hour after the European market opened. I think my original tread comment of the NZD reaching decade high may come true.