Do you have to pay extra fee, if....?

…you are trading completely different pairs than your base currency?

For example you have an USD account, and you are trading with EURGBP. So when none of the traded currencies match with your account’s?

My country’s base currency is EUOR, but I hold my account on Profiforex on dollars; am not charged any extra fee for trading, the only difference is the conversion rate when I withdraw on fun my account.

I need not to pay extra fee for trading. I invest in $ and withdraw also in same currency . I have to convert dollar in my local currency when it reached to my account. My broker do not charge extra fee . They give me offer to invest in USD so I am comfortable with it.

[QUOTE=“Darastonius;687221”]…you are trading completely different pairs than your base currency?

For example you have an USD account, and you are trading with EURGBP. So when none of the traded currencies match with your account’s?[/QUOTE]

You’re not actually buying or selling either EUR/GBP, these are just terms that are used to simplify trading. You are only speculating on whether price will go up or down.

Your account is in USD & any trades that you win or lose will be in USD so you won’t be charged any extra for trading any other pairs that don’t include your deposited currency (USD).

[I]Possibly[/I], yes: that’s true if the OP is dealing with a counterparty market-maker calling itself a “broker”; it’s [B]not[/B] true if he’s dealing with an [U][I]actual[/I][/U] broker (such as Interactive Brokers), in which case he’s [I]certainly[/I] buying Euros and selling GBP, when he trades the EUR/GBP! :wink:

(He didn’t say which, so we can’t tell from his post. At least, I can’t.)

I do trade this way. I have accounts in USD by some brokers, and I tradew with different currency pairs such as EURGDB, USDJPY, AUDNZD as well as some others. I don’t see any difficulties. The profit is converted in USD automatically in accordance with the current course.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This should be preferably the appropriate thing to do,to avoid devaluation of currencies,most system would convert USD automatically into EURO,GBP etc with extra commissions or fee.If things are this simpler why go in for something confusing.

There is no extra fee in the forex business. I learn in the babypips that if your currency is USD then no problem to trade in different currency. In fact you can trade in every currency pairs without any extra charge. I hope you understand it now.:cool::cool:

I often trade with EUR/GBP and I see that the currency will converted automatically. It does’t need to pay extra fees for that. You can trade with any currency that you want to do, it must be charged free.

I think that most brokers do not charge any fees on that (at least I haven’t heard anything). It really depends on the base currency of your account. If you trade currency pairs which are different from the currency of your account, the system automatically converts them. No extra fees should be applied.