As a noob, I completed 40 trades of which 32 were profitable

Dear colleagues,
To my surprise, I must say. I expected to lose much more trades since I am really new on Forex Trader.
But then again …
I studied Babypips School, I read books, I still read books, I set up a trading system, I keep a journal, etc …

generally, I am trading with a 0.1 lot. I had trade that went wrong very badly, I had trades were I was lucky, and I had trades that went perfectly well accordingly my trading system. Of course my trades are manual (no robotics involved)

32 wins … When I started, I never thought I would reach 80% of my trades to be profitable.

So what is the plan?
I want to continue until I have 100 trades on my demo account. Getting more confident in my trading system (for now, not be bad I’d say :smiley: )
Of course, the goal is to remain on that 80% of profitable trades and at the end of my 100 trades, and at the end of the day, there should be a clear profit.
After a 100 trades, I guess it is time to evaluate whether or not I am ready to go to a live account.

Keep you posted.

its just a demo try with real money and watch the emotion set in

Use the demo to get familiar with the platform, how pairs move during news, seeing how different pairs are more volatile than others, and practicing strategy.
When you feel you are ready ooen a live account and trade micro lots. Try not to overtrade (I don’t open a trade until my existing trades have profit locked in)
Keep things as simple as possible

A little update after an good extra month: In the meantime I did 118 trades. Guess what? The percentage has come down to 73% of successful trades. Good news though, is that my demoaccount is profitable.
Not too happy about it, I must say, because I want that 80% in order to have a good level of confidence before going live.
The reason for this set back: I have been experimenting with a new strategy, and this took a few trades before I was happy wih that one.
To be continued :slight_smile: