Forex as a winner or loser conflict

Why is it that the statement “95% of Forex traders lose their money”, conflict with Educational Forex material that teach you on how to become a profitable and rich Forex trader.
Which statement is more honest and true?

It’s much, much easier for many people to make a living by promoting “educational” forex-related material than it is to make a living by trading forex themselves. One is right to be both very cautious and rather suspicious of “vendors”, in general.

There are no officially collated figures anywhere for the proportion of people who lose money, but from what I’ve seen of most widely available “forex education”, I’d say the first of your two sentiments above has by far more truth to it.

95% of the forex traders are losers because they are the retail traders and the remaining 5% of the traders are the expert traders who make good money and it is these 5% traders who constitutes the 95% of the forex market volume. Thus, being along with the market direction is what makes money.

Are you saying that if I want to be in the 5% bracket, I should learn to follow the 95% market volume through sentiment trading and technical analysis. Is that right?

Both winning and losing are part of trading, you just have to prepared and knowledgeable on how to deal with it.

Yes it is true that we have to make our efforts if we want to win in our trading and then only we can say that we are a successful trader in this business.

because they are trying to sell you training material and need to pull you in …in fact in truth I would say less than 1% of people who try to trade for real money stay consistently profitable over time …

why so low …?

because of the thousands of wannabee traders that put some cash down then walk away …they feed the sample %

and not only do they dump cash losing but the Vendors try to fleece them on the way out with courses teaching them free strategies …

no wonder this industry gets such bad reviews …most vendors are up there with timeshare , PPi and double glazing…

N

losing is part of trading …like food wastage in restaurants and breakages in a crockery factory

you cant have a sucessful business without these kind of things… so learn to contain it to a minimum and live with it !!

N

I don’t think anyone has said that. There’s a number of reasons for the high failure rate- undercapitalisation, poor money management, lack of forex education, scams, no trading plan, uncontrolled emotions including greed and fear, etc.

Look how many join babypips, make a small number of posts, then vanish. The vast majority, and this is repeated over every forex forum out there.

Another useless post brought to you by the good people at John Sanders and CO!

If you want to be in this “5%” bro the best path to follow is not the path well trodden.

All this “educational” material. Absolutely pointless in the end. Remains me of an old saying, If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull! That’s what it is - bull. Research into the markets has been carried out by academics for as long as the markets have existed. It is very unlikely any of us here can add to the collective knowledge that already exists and that can be researched readily.

What we have to learn is to trade in our own style, and that takes time. Taking ownership of what it is we do, not being influenced by the actions or beliefs of others. This also reminds me of another old saying “those who can do, those who can’t teach.” This is very true in the forex business. Greed is an amazing human emotion and it is far easier for these individuals to profit from the emotion of greed than to speculated.

Failure only becomes an option if we stop trying.

This is what I mean - baffle them with bull. I mean what a load of baloney.

I’m too lazy to quote rhodytraders work, I’m going off memory here, retail spot forex volume is approx 250 billion a day compared to the forex market of 4 -5 trillion. And the good people involved in that market ain’t trading to speculate. They trade because they need to exchange cash. And the banks profit from that transaction. Educators also fail to point that out.

That’s true of the endless stream of naïve, unprepared dreamers who join up with expectations way beyond their capabilities, but it’s not representative of all who fit that category.

Some join babypips, make a small number of posts then go under the radar or vanish completely because they don’t find anything of value that enhances what they’re currently using.

Some join to observe the chaos & confirm that the majority of material masquerading as educational information is actually nothing more than crud.

& some join, make a small number of posts & go under the radar because what relevant information they have posted, quickly gets ignored & engulfed by the constant avalanche of migraine inducing crap.

hi there,
In my view, Everything we do, needs patience to give us results. Similarly forex trading demands patience but most of the times, we as traders can lack it.We always want to earn money in short span of time which is not true due to which we lose money. Initially we need to put a lot of time in building, testing your trading strategy, understanding market philosophy . And once we gain confidence then we should invest real money.