MT4 on Surface Pro 2?

Hi

I need to buy s second smaller windows machine so that I can keep my trading separate to my work and looking for suggestions

Currently thinking of a surface pro 2, it has a small screen but has huge power and battery life. (its got desktop specs for a tablet) I was thinking of getting a smaller again atom chip based netbook but wondering of that would struggle with mt4

Note, I want to run the mt4 desktop application and not the mt4 tablet app.

[QUOTE=“emmettwalsh;625512”]Hi

I need to buy s second smaller windows machine so that I can keep my trading separate to my work and looking for suggestions

Currently thinking of a surface pro 2, it has a small screen but has huge power and battery life. (its got desktop specs for a tablet) I was thinking of getting a smaller again atom chip based netbook but wondering of that would struggle with mt4

Note, I want to run the mt4 desktop application and not the mt4 tablet app.[/QUOTE]

Yes. I run mt4 on the surface pro just fine. The surface is a great little trading machine.

do you find screen is big enough for mt4 ?

also are you using surface pro 1 or 2 ?

[QUOTE=“emmettwalsh;626658”]do you find screen is big enough for mt4 ?

also are you using surface pro 1 or 2 ?[/QUOTE]

It’s big enough for me. When I’m home I run its display through my 64" HD TV if I want the bigger screen… Or I use my desktop.

Usually I use the pro for my charts… Then use the mt4 app on my iPhone to execute the trades.

I have the pro 1.

1 Like

I thought pro 1 had Windows RT which cannot run the MT4 windows app (and all other normal windows applications)?

[QUOTE=“emmettwalsh;626683”]I thought pro 1 had Windows RT which cannot run the MT4 windows app (and all other normal windows applications)?[/QUOTE]

No… That’s the surface RT… The Pro 1 is nearly identical to Pro 2… Battery life and a few minor improvements… Same operating system though.

i tried mt4 on surface pro2 today in best buy, i found screen way too small and mt4 menus were microscopic, the trackpad on the type 2 cover (as well as the typing on it) was very bad and even the stylus was hard to use on charts. Now I think I am going to go with a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro 13" i7 with 8gb ram. Wondering though if the cheaper 12.5" i5 4Gb would be enough

I think surface pro 3 will have a bigger screen, so will think about that whenever it comes out

I wanted to buy the yoga 2 pro, but I am not still really sure. Could you tell me what about the battery. How long do you take to run out of battery? Can you see clear enough the numbers in prices with such awesome resolution, or are they too small? Do you think it is too big to be used as a tablet? Thansk a los for your comments

You could lower the resolution on the Surface 2 when you wanted to trade.