Robot

who will trade robot trade? what is this?please scan shot here

Robots or Expert Advisors are programs for automated trading. They are running without user interaction. The trades and exits are based on indicators.
Everybody can do this, but you should be what you are doing. Your robots should be bug-free and your trading-strategy also. It’s a difficult terrain. Some traders choose semi-automated trading: They start an order and the robot watch it and close it with (hopefully) maximum profit.

Robots are basically programmed software’s that trades automatically for trader, but its very risky as its has been tuned for a market situation and market is very volatile.

I won’t recommend anyone to use robots. They are not worth using, you can lose your entire account sooner or later if you trade entirely on a robot.

Interesting fact. 75% of all trades are preformed via an algorithmic program.

Yeah robots might seem good, but its better to develop your own skills rather that depending on others, robots might make a wrong trade in a turbulent market condition.

OR a trader can use some kind of robots for assisting purposes. Trade manually and have some robots to looks after your open positions and do certain things like closing some part of lot or moving to break even etc.

TBH i wouldnt trust a robot to trade for me, no matter how good it is

Yeah its very hard to trust a robot as in a turbulent situation it might fail.

Yes of course it might fail. Like every human trader. Robots are a good thing if you know how to use it. If you download one from internet and let it run on your live account it may be a bad idea. You have to have your own robot executing your trading plan. You should have it tested with old data as well with corrupt hand-made data. And it should go offline if something unforeseen happen. Building a robot is a hard thing, but it’s worth the time.

You have to realize one big advantage of automated trading. Huge possibilities of working with data and verification. If you have a good process, automated trading works. But it is not about one EA, that’s nonsense. And also use relevant trading approach based on Low Frequency Trading (in case of retail traders).

Robots are not favorable for new comers, it must be avoided unless one has a reliable one.

Actually, when you build a good robot, it is more reliable than yourself. :slight_smile: Humans have the tendency to know it better or thinking that your rules don´t apply in this case and premateruly exit trades. A Robot is fearless and does what is told. :slight_smile:

But what you have to look out for is that a strategy is not always working. Ranging tactics may not work well when trending. Or the market sees a lot of false break-out that your script cannot handle appropriately.

But when those hurdles have ben overcome trading with a robot is a pleasure. It enables trading while you are not behind the screen. It applies trade rules as they should be executed. The have no ‘opinions’.

I’d like to marry one!!!

i agree, robot dont have emotion and stick to plan, however i d rather listen robot and have a say on final decision

You can look at this thread on Babypips to see how a robot works and what the results are

Art of Automation | Forex Blog: Find, Develop, & Test Trading Systems

The truth is some robots work well, I am new to trading, around two months ago, I opened an account with FreshForex. I then sourced for an EA known as eDragon, its the best for scalping. This is my robot, you can find it online if you google it!

I think we cannot avoid loss, all of us can experience loss, so we need to do if we encounter loss, accept it and refresh your mind and think of new strategy that can help you to come up with improve plans to bounce back on your loss. This time make sure that you become wiser and more careful on your decision.

I wouldnt trust a robot to place my trades, however i d be happy to have a robot spotting the best potential trades for me, i have only 2 eyes and a robot could obviously see more than i do.

Yeah robot work on a fixed program and in a volatile market condition it it might place wrong trades.