Kasravi: The Z Pattern Trader

[B]Kasravi[/B]

1. Tell us little bit about yourself. Where are you from? What are your hobbies?

I’m an ex Vfx artist and served in the military at one point in my life and now a Trader.

2.When/why did you start trading forex? What resources did you use to learn how to trade (websites, books, apps, mentors, etc.)?

I traded FX on and off in 2008/09 and full time in 2012. The reason I traded the Fx market was because I enjoyed participating in the financial markets but very soon found out that it’s not every man’s game and turned to trade the stock market. This gave me a great base, financially and psychologically.

I read books and articles that mainly explained how the markets work in its fundament nothing too fancy but a lot of chart screening accompanied with high concentration.

3. How do people around you usually react when you say that you’re into currency trading?

They either offer investment capital or don’t want to have anything to do with it. Sort of Love it or Hate it.

4. What were your first strategies in forex trading? How are they different from your strategies today?

After reading all basics there is to know I took it from there and started with the basics, trading with support and resistances and that was where I discovered the Z Pattern but more to that later.

Unfortunately I got ahead of myself and started capitalizing too much into other tools which set me back and kicked me out of my trading rhythm.

Eventually I got back to basics and now I switch between scalping the market or swing trading it, whichever offers a sure fire setup.

Strategies I utilize are either Z pattern trading or Price Action, but what made me money over the time was to be super picky with positions I open and risk management.

5. Describe your current daily or weekly trading routine. What do you do before you trade?

I usually evaluate the market the night before and wait until the market shows its hand. I write down how I read the market and compare it with what happens. Unless I Z trade or scalp then I just take what price offers. Healthy life style is key in order to keep me on top of my business.

6. What are some of your most unforgettable trades and trading moments?

There are plenty but this one truly stands out. On the 29th of June '12, I was sound asleep when all of a sudden I jumped up sometime in the middle of the night and something in my head told me go and pull up my charts and trade. I thought what the hell?!

As it was I thought let’s do it no harm in it that’s when I saw a perfect opportunity to go long on Fiber. Not long after my TP was hit and I made a nifty bit of Profit! I was staring for hours in the air trying to figure out what just happened. To this day I don’t know what it was.

7.Can you give 3 trading habits that have helped you the most in your trading career?

1- Always get back up

2- Risk management it didn’t help me, rather saved me.

3- Anticipating market moves

8.If you could thank one person who contributed positively to your trading journey, who would you thank?

My Wife, of course. Best motivator ever.

9. Forex trading is not an easy business. What motivates you to continue trading when in a trading slump?

The challenge to do what I’m best at, Trading.

10. What do you think is the biggest mistake that newbies out there are currently making? Do you have any advice for them?

Loads, but apart from the clichés, here is what I can think of;

-when you consciously or subconsciously think that you know it better, stop and check your Ego

-There are times when you look at the chart and anticipate that price is going to make a big move, eventually you enter a position with lots of enthusiasm and hopes for a big clean up. However during the move you start to flick through all the forums and timeframes and news announcements …etc. stuff that you never cared for before. And figure out based on your new mixed up, based on nonsense and irrelevant information that price might not hit your anticipated target after all.

Finally you keep your S/L tighter than any scalper or close the position fully out just to find out a day or two later that Price moved there. Can you relate to that? If yes then don’t knuckle it down, rather learn from it and deal with it.

-Finally I quote a good friend of mine’ Even a Donkey can place a winning trade, but it takes a lot more to do it consistently’

###Bonus: Who is your favorite fictional character of all time?

No one else but Sponge Bob.

Thanks for the opportunity and I wish all the very best of luck.

Cheers

I just starting testing the Zig Zag. So far I like it.
Best Wishes and Continued Success
Gp

Thanks and the very best to you too.
Z Pattern Trading

Cheers

Nicely stated Kas. Good article. - JP

Thanks John.

I am always testing out new strategies, so I will be playing with the Z-trader in the coming months … few questions for ya .

1. I found details here: 301 Moved Permanently. Do you have a PDF or something that one could use a reference?

2. Do you recommend using it on specific pairs or timeframes?

It’s a great tool. Works on all time frames and pairs. I have used 2 different versions of it to help me to quickly spot long term trends when scanning pairs and another version of it that I still use to plot support and resistance points quickly. ZZ_Orlovaa you can find it in the MQL4 indicator section or google it. Like I said works great

Hi smartpipping,

I think I half answered to your question on the Z pattern thread.
And about the e-book, it’s still in the making but hopefully ready edited for the coming year!

Cheers

Hi GP!

I’m afraid you are talking about the zig zag indi. Which is light years away from the Z pattern!
You’ll find more info about the pattern here if you are interested.

See you around.

Cheers

Looks like I have my weekend work cut now looking for z patterns Thank you very much.
Have A Great weekend
Gp

Thanks and wish you a great Weekend too!

Cheers

someone can explain something, it is that I have little and not is many things and was watching in my mt4 that they are charging me a value swap, what is that and that value is?. Sorry for posting it here but not found where more.

Hi allycapozz,

You get charged swap once you hold your trade over midnight( to be exact at 00:00 hours on your trading platform)
The amount is usually not a fortune and is not always a minus either. You basically get charged if you bought into a
currency with a lower interest rate than the counter currency you are trading. Vice versa you get money if you bought
a currency with a higher interest rate.

You can read more in details about it if you search for topics such as; carry trade or swap.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

i have no any modification of this system

Much appreciated. We topped our game lately with a series of successful trades.95% win rate!

'Best

For everyone who is interested to learn more about explosive price movements with the Z Pattern.
Here is a full guide at [B]ZFX Trading[/B]