Going offshore to escape the CFTC

from tadawulf:

"Thank you for your e-mail,

Tadawulf accepts US, for spread info, go to

Please note that we still accept clients from the US."

Spread | Compare Forex Spreads from 1 pip spread with TDFX

The following was disconcerting. I’ve not run across a broker yet that won’t publicize its capitalization, many even post that information on their web page:

“We are unable to publicize the company’s capitalization.”

Looks like a DD…

1 Like

I was told that tadawul is STP. I will verify and report.

The good news is that there are still plenty of solid options for quality offshore brokerage.

One financial just told me they are unable to accept US clients. Where did you get your info on them?

Anybody know anything about Broco Forex

I have a friend who just moved his accounts to them due to this cftc nfa crap and another who has his beer money account with them. Great spreads and amazing amount of tradeable instruments, but they Russian. For the record they are accepting US accounts.

1 Like

I talked to my lawyer friend in Dallas about trading out of the US and she says you need to separate FX (which she says is not regulated in the Eu in their MIFID Regulations) from EU regulated products like stocks, futures, CFDs etc. Because Fx is not regulated there is very little that the CFTC can do if the fx broker has no office in the US. If the fx broker does, the CFTC can bear pressure on the broker not to sell products to US clients in Europe which are illegal in the US. Makes sense. As far as Regulated Products go, "The SEC’s interpretation of U.S. federal securities laws limits Non U.S. Broker-Dealers to working with those permanently resident outside the USA. Non U.S. broker-dealers cannot approach and/ or solicit U.S. resident persons because an Internet Web site is interpreted by the SEC as being the same as a telephone call to a client.

Non U.S. broker-dealers maintaining an Internet Web site can thus only accept a U.S. person if he or she has not been solicited either directly or indirectly through accessing their web sites under the ‘unsolicited’ exemption Rule 15a-6. U.S. customers wanting to work with Non U.S. broker-dealers can thus only approach Non U.S. broker-dealers under Rule 15a-6 if they have not been to their web sites and should be prepared to certify this fact in writing to ensure compliance with applicable law."

To cut a long story short, it looks like it’s ok to trade fx outside the US with reputable brokers for the moment but I wouldn’t trade e.g. stocks and forex together at the same broker unless I could qualify for exemption Rule 15a-6 having being referred to the broker by a friend, fr example …Kind of bizarre, eh?

1 Like

I have read in a couple of places that Dukascopy is no longer accepting US clients. That is incorrect. I just got done asking a customer rep about this and he said that they welcome US traders. They just don’t accept managed US clients.

I currently have an account with them and am real happy with their service. To me it is a no brainer when comparing brokers as they keep segregated accounts, are an ecn, are a bank regulated by swiss laws etc.

I prob sound like a shill, but I am in no way benefiting from people signing up with them. My previous brokers were fxcm uk and cmsfx uk and I like dukascopy much better.

I should say that I do have 2 gripes with dukascopy.

1. Their reports are super difficult to read and figure out.
  2. They have been delaying mt4 for forever and are now saying that there is a possibility they won’t ever get it done. The holdup lies in the fact that they are trying to get it to operate seamlessly with their other java programs. This isn’t a big deal, as I chart on quote tracker charts, except that it prevents me from using fx tracking programs like myfxbook or currensee or whatever babypips might have.

2 annoying things about em…other than that no gripes.

1 Like

I would tend to agree with you Sandpipper, be it I have no experience with them. If I decide to leave Oanda I will certainly consider Dukascopy.

Well if I was forced to use a US broker, and to abide by the CFTC/NFA crap then Oanda would be my choice.

since i live in USA and im using fxopen micro account right now.
will fxopen and gomarkets aus will be effected? anyone?
i was planning to switch from fxopen to gomarkets aus since it has good results on a forex EA im using.

but now with the news about the new rules on CFTC which aren’t fair, after 10/18 i wont be able to use fxopen or gomarketsaus.
I was planning to switch and now use gomarkets aus as my new broker :frowning:

I moved my funds to Forex-metal. Based in Panama, accept US clients.

I know it is early, but how have you found forex-metal. I have considered them, but they make me concerned. How has everything been execution, withrawals? Please let me know.

GOmarkets will continue to accept US clients for the poster above.

ok thanks. also after 10/18 if the rules has past? i will ask their support as well for more info.

what about fxopen if u know or anyone know about that? im waiting for a reply from fxopen support.

I am waiting on a response from liteforex. I know they are not based in one of countries Clint listed. They do offer a very low minimum account balance and cent trades. These are 2 things that are getting harder to find. Oanda offers this I have an account with Oanda they have always had 50:1 maximum leverage. In reality 50:1 leverage is not a limitation to trading with a small account if you can make tiny trades like you can with Oanda.

I know one of the pretenses of the new regs was to protect the trader from the temptation and ability to over leverage and blow there account real fast. It seems to me if brokers do not make a $500 minimum account size requirement or offer nano lots then over leveraging with a small account(-$500) will be mandatory. As we know many traders start with the smallest account they can with the new margin requirements a trader opening a new account with the minimum balance at many brokers is instantly put in the position to gamble with tight stops. I am not saying tight stops are a bad thing but its hard to trade off a 4hr and up chart with a 20 pip stop. If you end up with an account in the $100 range as many new traders do this is the situation you will be in.

rogelio11, the stance seems to be common for most AUS brokers. There may be a change to regarding CFDs, but there shouldnt be a change after the 18th regarding spot fx. Also there is most likely not going to be a CFD change.

So while we wont have a definitive answer until oct 19th, all signs indicate that they will still accept US clients.

FXopen is accepting US clients also, I am almost positve. I think like dukascopy and CIM they will not be accepting managed US clients.

ok. Thanks dragofx for your reply. i will wait and see. hate to see that all non us brokers will lose their us resident customers and thousands of dollars lost if the rules past.

No problem. I dont expect to see that happen. In fact I am hoping that the opposite hapens, and that US forex firms see a major loss in profit, and in addition to retail traders there is a enough pressure to reverse these absurd and facist policies.

Regulation of spot fx is important. Imposing standards like accredited investors, verifying experience/knowledge, determining suitable trading assets, requiring more information in risk disclousures, these are all things that would have a true positive impact on the market.

But it is not even remotely the government’s place to tell me what I can and cannot do with my investment capital, provided I meet certain standards. Protection is fine, but a violation of choice is not.

The FX market, especially spot is unique. It cannot be regulated like any other securities market.

Have you read the liteforex threads here on BP?

They even have a rep or two on this forum and if you read those threads you’ll see why Russian owned Liteforex is not an option imho. They can’t even admit they’re a bucket shop… which I discussed with them until getting tired of banging my head against a brick wall.

I hope this helps:
I currently use aaafx (AAAFX - Competitive Trading Conditions)
They said they will accept US citizens
Leverage 200:1
Hellinic Capital Market regulated, up to 30.000 deposits guaranteed
Variable spreads
MT4 compatible.
I only use them through zulutrade, but I will make some manual trades and report my results