HotForex, Trading Point or Deltastock AD

I would like to open a micro/mini account for training. I live in the UK.

hotforex they are very good with small accounts

you can try their demo account if you like, just to get the feel of it, my account aint that big with them but its all good actually. best of luck :slight_smile:

I am trying their demo account as we speak, but am losing heavily, only because I’m so inexperienced !!! but reading all the reviews on various forums (ii) they do have a good track record :53:

I just closed a live trading account with Hot Forex. It was terrible.

They have servers everywhere, China, Middle East, two in Europe, etc.
I could not force mty MT4 to stay on their Europe 2 server.
They couldn’t either. So one day I would trading from Chine, the next the Middle East, etc.
As a result, I had big ping issues with my VPS in the UK.

That’s not all, I also kept getting “Old Tick” in MT4. They blamed the VPS, so I changed VPS service, and still had the same errors.

Their email tech support would not get back to you for days sometimes, and their live support was clueless.

I did get my monet out of the account okay. At least they did something right.

:46::46::46:

dk you are really a pro hot forex ha? :59:

I am not a pro for my type of trading hot forex does the job it is true some times the server is slow but at the same times with there currenex the spreads are great

:slight_smile: I got you…
you know what… and if I would ask who do you think are the top 5 brokers?

wow that is not easy question to answer in my opinion every trader has different needs so when one consider a good broker another could say not. For me the important points are tight spreads good customer service and when you deposit or withdraw money its easy and fast. and one more thin i really dont like FIFO rule its only make the broker more profitable and hurt the trader. There are some really smarts guys hear that could help you better with this question in this site.

hotforex is the broker I am using now, I am from China, on the whole there is no big issues with this broker, and I am pretty satisfied with their customer service.

I want to see how alex feel about the demo account in UK.

All you had to do was ask me??? LOL!!!

Hotforex, Trading Point, and Deltastock AD in the same sentence??? You’ve GOT to be kidding me???

Let me make this ‘as painless a decision’ for you as possible (my ‘gift’ to you at this time of the year).

If you want to trade Spot FOREX, Gold, or Silver, at fixed OR variable spreads, as well as CFDs on Shares, Indices, Futures, and ETFs, are not a US Citizen (either resident or non-resident), at an EU Registered and Regulated Broker, then there’s only ONE Broker:

Deltastock AD

If you want to trade Spot FOREX, Gold, or Silver, are not a US Citizen (either resident or non-resident), and prefer a UK Registered and Regulated Broker, then there’s only ONE broker:

DF Markets

If you want to trade Spot FOREX, ARE a US Citizen (either resident or non-resident), and want to trade with a Broker that is Registered and Regulated in the USA, then there’s only ONE Broker:

TradeStation Securities

And here’s some information that MANY don’t know (mainly because it’s never been asked but take heed of the post of mine that explains the difference between ‘Registration’ and ‘Regulation’) (my username is ‘fintrans’ over ‘there’ by the way for what reason I couldn’t tell you because I don’t even know myself but by now you all know what I look like anyway):

DFMarkets.co.uk Discussion @ Forex Factory

Any questions???

Regards.

Dale.

Dale,

Does Tradestation have MT4? If so, can I chart USDX and other individual currencies on it?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Nice to ‘meet’ you (and I hope nobody takes offence at my being so ‘in your face’ about the above post of mine but I KNOW it’s BOUND to happen).

TradeStation Securities and MetaTrader 4??? Nope. TradeStation is THE trading platform for TradeStation Securities same as Delta Trading is THE trading platform for Deltastock AD and DF Markets will shortly release DF Trader (which is Delta Trading WITHOUT CFDs). I know everyone likes MetaTrader 4 but really: ‘expand your horizons’. These proprietary trading platforms offer FAR more in terms of functionality etc. WITHOUT having to purchase extra ‘add ons’ as is the case with MetaTrader 4.

As far as the USDX is concerned: I’ll have to find out for you. I know that Delta Trading has the USDX though (although it’s a CFD).

I don’t ‘work’ for ALL of these brokers (well: DF Markets is a ‘technicality’). But I’ve spent a good deal of time going through the likes of Forex Peace Army and a half a dozen other broker review sites and forums in the past few weeks and these brokers are the brokers with the FEWEST bad reviews and HIGHEST ratings, that have active support, as well as me (obviously) having personal experience with them, hence this list which I hope will be useful to everyone looking for a reputable, regulated, and honest broker, depending on their circumstances, where they live, or of what country they are a citizen, to make their choice easier (more to the point: ‘simple’).

It just seems to me that every single day a new broker ‘pops out of the woodwork’ (and not only on forums but even on the likes of CNBC and Bloomberg TV). Go for brokers with track records and that have been in the business for many years. Not the latest ‘kid on the block’ that offers you, for example, an IPad or a ‘free trip to an exotic island’ if you open an account with them (and overtrade it)!!! Believe me: YOU WILL PAY for that ‘promotion’. ONE way or another.

Regards,

Dale.

Hello (with an update):

I’ve been asked (via PM) ‘why TradeStation Securities all of a sudden’ when I’ve been ‘banging on’ about Deltastock most all of my (trading) life?? (I’m surprised it took THIS long)!!! LOL!!!

Simple: neither Deltastock (nor DF Markets) will accept US Citizens as clients whether they be resident or non-resident in the USA. TradeStation Securities is the only Broker in the USA that has good reviews and high ratings posted about them, I know that they’re better known for Stocks, Futures, and ETF trading, and are used by ‘da big boyz’ to ‘play’, and, from what I gather, from all the books that I’ve read, and from the people I’ve ‘spoken’ to, TradeStation (the platform) is like ‘the Rolls Royce’ of trading platforms (aside from Delta Trading of course)!!! LOL!!! There are some VERY VERY old reviews and ratings about them on various forums but a lot has changed since then and I think they need to be updated. It REALLY ‘boils down to this’: if WE (ME) as in Deltastock (or DF Markets) cannot ‘have’ the clients then I’d rather that they’re in the same ‘good hands’ than some poor unsuspecting US Citizen getting ‘fleeced’ by some unscrupulous ‘lowlife bottom feeder bucketshop broker’ in some strange foreign land is all!!! That’s the simple answer.

And as unpopular as this MAY may make me: those US Citizens that believe that Dodd-Frank and the NFA are ‘unfair’ or are ‘infringing on your human rights’. Think VERY carefully. Think FIRST about what leverage ACTUALLY IS to start with and how it CAN be the downfall of the inexperienced (and believe me: even the EXPERIENCED) trader. Also think what the benefit is of being able to ‘hedge’ (even USING the word ‘hedge’ in this context is a travesty) on the same FOREX pair??? ONLY in the hands of an experienced trader can this be a POSSIBLE profitable tool. For the most part: it gets used (abused???) by a new trader when they’re starting to run out of margin (overtrading). It gives them a very ‘false sense of security’. Normally (and I speak from a new trader’s perspective i.e. I TOO USED to ‘be there’ you know in case anybody has forgotten): a new trader will go long (for example) a FOREX pair, trade without stops, or, if they HAD stops, will move them ‘in hope’ as the position goes against them, then the position goes against them even more, they move their stops some more, then the position goes against them some MORE, so they then REMOVE their stops, the position goes against them EVEN more, and then ‘enter the hedge’ i.e. they ‘hedge’ themselves JUST before they get margin called. True: from that point on you have the ‘privilege and time’ to wonder what it is that you’re going to do next (but never forget that you’re paying swap now on BOTH the long AND the short positions in most cases so don’t take TOO long to ‘wonder’ because your account will EVENTUALLY be eroded away ANYWAY). BUT: chances are the new trader will have ‘hedged’ their positions where they’ve only given themselves a VERY small amount of ‘capital leeway’ so when they close the hedge they’ve got to be ‘spot on’ and ‘hope’ that the price doesn’t move even FURTHER against them (because by then it only needs a SMALL amount of movement against the now ‘unhedged’ trade to trigger a margin call ANYWAY). The point is: if they were THAT GOOD at ‘price prediction’ then they wouldn’t be in the situation described in the first place. The end result is almost ALWAYS the same.

Regards,

Dale.

Dale,

Can you tell me if it possible for a US citizen to form a legal offshore limited company and bank account and then open a trading account at a brokerage in Uk and Europe dba XYZ company llc ?

Hello (and if you’re not a ‘Bah Humbug’ like me then ‘Merry Christmas’).

To the best of my knowledge and understanding (which is limited let me tell you): you’re going to have ‘issues’ (as in ‘declaring’ offshore investments in excess of $10 000).

But (and I don’t know you from ‘a bar of soap’): please keep an eye on this thread:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/42121-new-nfa-regulations-2.html#post305313

I’m figuring that within the space of two weeks or so you’ll have WAY more credible information and insights on the subject. THEN you can make your INFORMED decision. I tell you that only as a ‘cyberfriend’ nothing more.

Two weeks is NOT going to ‘kill’ you I promise.

Regards,

Dale.

I’m figuring that within the space of two weeks or so you’ll have WAY more credible information and insights on the subject. THEN you can make your INFORMED decision. I tell you that only as a ‘cyberfriend’ nothing more.

Two weeks is NOT going to ‘kill’ you I promise.

OK Typaterso I mean Dale:p

ROFLMAO!!! Now THAT was ‘sharp’ and ‘quick’!!! LOL!!!

ALWAYS a pleasure my good (and old) ‘friend’!!! LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

Edit:

‘TRUST ME’!!! LOL!!! There is INDEED ‘method in my madness’!!! LOL!!!

to be serious I am very interested in this issue. I do want to know what you are working on. I have live accounts with US brokers and an offshore broker. I like the offshore broker but I am hesitant to do much with the account just because of it being in a grey area of US law.
EDIT grey area of law is not the best description. I am confidant that neither myself or the broker are violating US law now. But these new laws and regulations are being defined and tested in the US courts. I am concerned I might end up in a situation that will again force me to pull my account or get my account tied up. All due to someone’s idea of what I should be allowed to do with my money, under the pretext of looking out for me or protecting me from myself. As if I am not responsible enough to make my own decisions and deal with the consequences.

Well: you are either EXTREMELY perceptive or you know ME VERY well.

All due to someone’s idea of what I should be allowed to do with my money, under the pretext of looking out for me or protecting me from myself. As if I am not responsible enough to make my own decisions and deal with the consequences

I know that my ‘research’ is not going to ‘endear’ me to many US Citizens. I ‘love’ my broker. But that’s probably ONLY because I’ve learned the VERY ‘hard way’ to manage risk. Sometimes: ‘freedom and liberty’ CAN BE a ‘not so good thing’ (within reason obviously). That’s what I’m trying to ‘fathom’ or get some wider ‘insights’ on is all.

Personally: I already KNOW ‘the answer’. I’m just ‘keen’ to see the responses and the reasoning ‘behind’ such responses.

Regards,

Dale.