USDCHF 4H

Long or Short: SHORT

Entry Point: .8850

Stop Loss: .8950

Profit Target/s: .8650

Reward-to-risk Ratio: exactly 2:1

Risk percentage: 1%

Indicators used: just support and resistance levels

Trade Rationale: the head and shoulders pattern (see chart above) suggests that USDCHF will continue falling past the neckline at .8900. should it fall below this level, the previous low at around .8650 will probably be the next stop. i think the USD will continue to weaken, and that there aren’t many scenarios in which it will gain ground against the CHF over the next few days.

Trade Adjustments: stop to BE when trade is positive by 50 pips

Actually you meant a ‘short’ trade, right?

By the way, since I am a complete newbie here and still learning from the Pipsology School, I didn’t have the guts to submit any trade setup for ‘Trade of The Week Contest’ because I firmly believe there are way more smarter guys here to do that job. But you know what, despite my limited knowledge somehow I managed to figure out this exact setup two days ago. Used indicators were Stoch (5,3,3), MACD(12,26,9), SMA(10) and SMA(20). Made e short order at 0.8964 and before the market closed yesterday night (I am at GMT+6), my profit was around 130 pips and counting. With a trailing stop set to 25 pips, I’m hoping to gain some more in the coming week. Let’s hope this trade will win in the vote too. Cheers.

whoops. you’re absolutely right. fixed it. thanks!

good call on shorting early! i personally prefer to keep my charts as naked as possible.

anyway, i think you mean 130 pips (pips on USD/CHF are counted in the .0001’s place).

good luck to us! so far so good, i just hope the sell-off will continue when the market opens on monday. cheers!

post corrected. thnx!

Mine vote goes to you mate. I`m really looking forward for this trade.

I’m using Oanda and I couldn’t see the chart pattern as described. The price are totally different from your pix

i’m using oanda too. look again, our charts are identical. just squish your candles closer together.

got it, thanks. but the market is oversold (RSI, Stoch), how should we explain this?