[TW] 07-10-2011 EUR/USD Long by amateurdefinance

Long or Short: Long

Entry Point: 1,3510 (buy-stop over falling trendline)

Stop Loss: 1,3348 (162 pips)

Profit Target/s: 1,3672 / 1,4008 / 1,4551

Reward-to-risk Ratio: 1:1 / 3:1 / 6.4:1

Risk percentage: 1%

Indicators used: Fibonacci, Stoch, and MACD, Japanese Candles

Trade Rationale:
-6 months daily candlestick charts
-euro index (bullish divergence) and usd index (bearish divergence) chart used as addtional confirmation
-potentiel resistance at 38.2% and 61.8% Fibonacci retracement level for establishing profit targets
-potentiel bottom confirmed with “buillish engulfing” candle pattern (oct 3,4)
-potentiel bottom signal with “regular bullish divergence” with MACD
-stoch exiting from over-sold territory

Trade Adjustments: Move stop loss to breakeven when 1st profit target attained. Then be PATIENT and let it ride to 2nd target. Re-analyse with same criterea, if still bullish, be even more PATIENT and let it attain final target (100% Fibonacci retracement level).

I like this, I just spotted the divergence as well ! Also a good sign considering that 3 of the submitted trades of the week are long on EURUSD

if go long, I’m waiting for H4’s double bottom

Wow, is that like the rainbow method of trading?? It looks like a kid got hold of some crayons and went wild :confused:

Indeed. I actually moved my entry @1.35550 (1.3510 being to tight outside the falling trandline). Need to let the 4hr chart deflate from “over-bought” conditions before next leg up on the daily.

Also forget to mention, as “market sentiment” indicator, Oanda clients have majority short positions on EUR.USD. Contratrian theory might start having some bearing (probably need even greater short/long ratio).

Ratios des positions ouvertes sur le Forex | OANDA fxTrade

The daily chart is saying short. Constant lower highs & lower lows, cyclisity to dream for and showing a high test. Keep it simple. Its a short.

I’m inclined to agree with you. Particularly if more negative news for the Euro region is forthcoming.

Whoops :confused: Lol, guess your idea was 100% spot-on, well done! :smiley: