GBPUSD 4H

[B]Long or Short:[/B] Short

[B]Entry Point: [/B]1.5870 (sell stop)

[B]Stop Loss: [/B]1.5950

[B]Profit Target/s:[/B] 1.5700 is my ultimate target

[B]Reward-to-risk Ratio:[/B] a little over 2:1

[B]Risk percentage:[/B] 1%

[B]Indicators used: [/B]100 SMA (red)

[B]Trade Rationale:[/B] i see a potential head and shoulders pattern forming, with the neckline right at 1.5900. ahead of the NFP report, it’s dangerous leaving orders open, but i think i can use the NFP report to my advantage by using a sell stop. if it turns out largely bearish for GBPUSD, it could lead to a break of the support level at 1.5900 and the 100SMA. should that neckline give way, i don’t see why GBPUSD should stop until 1.5700. on the other hand, if the NFP report turns out to be GBPUSD bullish, my trade will not be triggered and i will not have lost anything.

[B]Trade Adjustments:[/B] stop to BE when trade is positive by 70 pips. consider trimming position if price stalls at 1.5800.

I was thinking the same thing but for different reasons.

I saw that it seems to have broken a trend line and I think it’s just retracing back up to the .5 fib. It also closed with a doji almost right on the .5 fib level.

We’ll have to see what happens over the weekend.

Looks good. I’ll be sure to put this entry in my Demo and see the possible outcome.

Here are my thoughts on this pair. Below you see the 1 Week chart:

[ul]
[li]There is a nice, not too steep, upward trend line which has been broken by a strong downward trend (5 consecutive weeks of bearish candles)
[/li][li]The most recent swing low breaks below the swing lows of the previous upward trend
[/li][li]The pair reverses and shows 6 weeks of bullish candles, ending in 2 dojis
[/li][li]The dojis form at the trend line, now acting as resistance
[/li][/ul]

Based on the above I think there is a good chance that the pair will push down towards 1.55, however I think it is a bit early to say. I’d consider waiting for some bearish confirmation before taking a sell.

Furthermore you can see that a down trend has started to form, but considering the current price level there is a chance it will rally up a bit more before going down.