1-16-2012 short GBP/USD by Jabroni

[B]GBP/USD 1H[/B]

[B]Long or Short:[/B] SHORT

[B]Entry Point:[/B] 1.5390

[B]Stop Loss:[/B] 1.5460

[B]Profit Target/s:[/B] 1.5210

[B]Reward-to-risk Ratio:[/B] 70 pips vs 180 pips (>2.5:1)

[B]Risk percentage:[/B] 1%

[B]Indicators:[/B] 100SMA (red line)

[B]Trade Rationale:[/B] i don’t expect this rally to last, i think it’s just profit taking/ a short squeeze

potential major resistance level at 1.5400 because:

1. falling trend line
  2. was a support level
  3. 100 SMA

also if you scale out to the 4H chart or daily chart, youll see the trend is down. there’s a clear falling channel on the 4H/daily

[B]Trade Adjustments:[/B] moving my stop to BE when im up by 70 pips. gonna consider shaving position if price stalls at previous low (1.5300).

already moved my stop to BE, took some of my position off at 1.5290 (+90). the rest is still open

Is this trade still valid? Can I still short the gbp/usd @ 1.5390?

i would say wait for a higher retracement before you consider selling again since the trend line i based this trade on has already been broken.

Hi Jabroni,

Thanks for telling me to wait, looks like the pair is moving up now. I was wondering if you generate daily signal or not. I am new at this and made a nice 50 pip profit using your signal. Would be nice for me as I am learining to follow somebody like you.

glad to be of help, ramlied. to be honest, i’m not really a pro or anything. there are many more experienced traders here (like eremarket) who would probably have more insight to offer than i. i just share my ideas here from time to time. :wink:

well dear thanks for sharing but i was not aware of this :slight_smile: