[TW] 04-23-2012 - GBP/USD (Short) by Lupos (it's me!)

[TW] 04-23-2012 - GBP/USD (Short) by Lupos (it’s me!!)

GBP/USD H4
SHORT = SELL !

Long or Short:
short

Entry Point:
Market: 1.6100 - 1.6080 -1.6060

Stop Loss:

Profit Target/s:
1st= 1.600 2nd= 1.5940

Reward-to-risk Ratio:
1:2

Risk percentage:
1%

Indicators used:
stochastic , dollar index.

Trade Rationale:

We try in countercorrent, GBP is in a good channel up, but i think after a week of 200 pips gain (150 of witch catched with my previous indication), GBP could drawdown 100-150 pips.
Stochastic is in overbought

dollar index in daily chart is closed in a triangle congestion with lower dinamic resistance.

no foundamental analysis all technical.

this trade looks golden. it is right in with the weekly resistance level. plus the 1H chart shows a reversal candle.

fasten your seatbelts!!!

breaking 1.6075 and closing london markets…big move!

Stop loss… Sorry

it happens. great setup though.

Is it possible to short GBPUSD? Sometimes the market still goes in your favour but you just place a wrong stop loss.

Maybe i have put a too much tiny stop loss

setup was great but i wouldve set stop above .617 which is pretty much key level for bull/bear fight. it will be a shame if uk gdp turns out to be lower than expected. also 4H rsi divergence backs up your setup. same divergence can be seen 4h eurgbp which points to further gbp weakness. its not late to retry though. short with 30-40 pips of stop loss doesnt sound much of a risk.

Yes it s true.
I haven t study much the stop loss level.
1,6170 was better resistance level looking at daily chart.
I always think that gbp could retrace down to 1,6050 - 1,600

gbp$ 1.6095. i think gbp still overvalued. lets see.

Hi Lupos!

Congratulations on winning this week’s Trade of the Week!

Have you decided on which charity you want to donate $10 to? You can take your pick among those listed in our [B]Golden List of Charities[/B]!

Let us know once you’ve made your decision! Thanks!

Once I won the race, can I donate 10$? :slight_smile:

You sure can! So keep those submissions coming! :wink:

here is my winning trade :wink:
http://forums.babypips.com/readers-choice-trade-week/43304-tw-24-02-2012-gbp-usd-short-fedegmail.html
if I could, I’d like to donate 10$ to Greenpeace :slight_smile:

Hi fedegmail!

Sorry to say this, but unfortunately, the “You Trade, We Aid” campaign only began in March and doesn’t apply retroactively. :frowning:

However, if you do win another contest, we will donate $10 to your charity of choice! And remember, even if you don’t win, we will donate $1 on your behalf to the charity of the month. So keep those submissions coming and good luck! :slight_smile: