[TW] 2012-09-03 Short EURUSD by Jabroni

EURUSD 1H

Long or Short: SHORT

Entry Point: 1.2530

Stop Loss: 1.2565

Profit Target/s: 1.2475

Reward-to-risk Ratio: little over 1.5:1

Risk percentage: 1%

Trade rationale: 100 SMA, Fibo zone, and it was S|R level. plus i think the markets are going to be disappointed w/ jackson hole (no qe from fed), which could lead to USD strength

No patience enough to just wait a few hours and the results of Jackson Hole are known?
Not very smart.
And for a “trade of the week” I would really expect something more impressive than a 55 pip target.

After market close on Friday, do you still believe in your own trade plan? I don’t.

Hey KillerWhale, critisism is good, but offending others is not the right thing! Where is your “trade of the week” idea? Looking forward to see that.

I tried, but for some reason I couldn’t get a chart posted.
And without a chart my issue would be not valid.

But get this right, I am not offending anyone, I just think it is stupid for EVERYONE to post a trade of the next week before the current week is closed, especially when breaking news is expected in just a few hours.
Last week I was right in my comments, this week I’m right again.
It’s time that babypips learns about this and does not open the issue of trades of the week before the current week is closed.
Many people agree with me.

I completely agree with you on that people shouldn’t post their trade of the week before the market has closed. Just try doing your criticism in a polite manner. Otherwise soon we wont have anyone posting their ideas here. We should try and encourage them instead! We are all here to learn from each other!

Anything less than 100 pips of target should not make it to the list at all. I agree with your critique

I really like Jabroni’s determination, he writes good ideas every week, just to help other people.
But I can’t believe that he won despite having ignored Bernanke’s speech, that was a news waited for days and days by all traders… really an obvious mistake.
By the way I think other people voted him because of his “other good ideas”… this wasn’t so appreciable :slight_smile:
Good luck and have fun

Trade of the week??..is it because it only lost 35 pips instead of the possible 100 pips?..no offense jabroni…I think it’s sound analysis and your hunch from jackson hole was correct…but I’m thinking there should be two winners…the first one the people vote for…to show agreement…and one that bagged the most pips…an actual “winner”…

otherwise…my fundamental analysis tells me that i’ll be tired of this contest very soon…

There is no issues with taking a position any time. It always depends on you, not on Bernanke! I would take a position if I see that on my charts before a joint speech by Bernanke, King and Draghi! My issues with Jabroni’s vote is that the idea did was not adequate to warrant a serious consideration. I would certainly go for the post on eurjpy instead. This does not take away anything from Jabroni’s consistentlygood posts. This time out, the Risk to Reward won’t move a dime.

The one that bags the most pips should take prior consideration.

I agree with Killerwhale. He was right about his comments in my trade last week. I am now determined to take his advice and be patient in forex. I have had a damn bad last week and i can only blame me.
Bring it hard Killerwhale - sometimes people like me take trading too casually.