Some Real Nice Trading Strategies

[B]Guys this is purely to discuss about the cool strategies that every one of us had came across and that really worked out. Make sure to post your real comments about a strategy you prefer. Please Don’t make any false prediction about a strategy without using it…[/B][B]​[/B]

Wyckoff’s method / Volume Spread Analysis

[B]Today I am going to share a simple strategy that can be used in market by beginners[/B]
Have you ever seen the market movement?
There will be always ups and downs in the market movement.
*Consider a market has moved around some 40 - 50 pips either up-trend or down-trend
*Then you make a trade in the reverse direction (i.e) if market moves down-trend you initiate a buy trade when it has gone some where near 50 pips.
*Now most of the times the market would turnaround and give you some profit here.
[I]Note: Make sure you make use of certain Stop Loss.[/I]

Hi everyone, today I am going to share about one more strategy I learned from a site and back tested it and it really worked for me making a few pips profit.

Here I made use of the Simple Moving Average Indicator
First I attached the SMA with the pre-set of
*Apply to: Close
*Period: something around 30 to 32 as per your convenience

Now once everything is set, watch for the candlesticks movement.

*If the candles high and low does not touch the SMA, then you can trade
-If the candle is above the SMA : Buy
-If the candle is below the SMA : Sell

That’s it. Try it out and place your valuable comments below.

What ever strategy you would use, make sure that you also have knowledge about the real flow of the market. for you to avoid difficulties when you start trading, and choose a reliable broker that can also help you to get profit in every trades, and can give you good services.

Hi Jack is that small cuts off the top for lots of little pip movements backed with stop loss - scalping?

Yes ChristianMcGreg. Actually I am newbie to Forex market and I make profitable trades avoiding most of the losses using such simple strategies along with analysing the market flow for certain periods and initiate a trade.

Here’s one that always works. Buy high sell higher.

Oh, and of cause, don’t forget the analysis market flow disclaimer.

Hi Jack is that small cuts off the top for lots of little pip movements backed with stop loss - scalping?

No it’s not. Let’s not go there.

Thanks Bobbi. I get it. If possible post some nice strategy that can be used by even beginners to trade effectively.

Na, sorry bro, you don’t get it then.

The buy high sell higher strategy is the base structure of any break-out strategy. Whether that’s channel or levels. Its also part of trend following, you know trade in the direction.

There’s seven main components to any strategy. Which markets to trade in. How do I determine position size. When do I enter? When do I get out of a losing trade, when do I exit a winning trade. How do I handle market conditions (what we’re calling market flow) and administration?

What aspects are we covering here, just entries. Laff… That’s the last piece of the puzzle you need to master.

Most strategies are valid. Its only bad management that turns a winning trade to losing one. Guess who is responsible for bad management.

1 Like

Listen to what Bobbillbrowne says, he knows his stuff.
Basing a strategy on trend following is way more likely to be profitable than trying to catch pull backs.
Take a look at the 3 ducks system on here, its really solid and simple to follow

One of my favourites 301 Moved Permanently

I don’t like this guy but I like this guy! Does that make sense?

I trade in ranging situation. I choose usdjpy. It is 80% ranging and 20% trending. Position size , my risk per trade would be 0.25% of my ACC. Stop loss will be based on how well I understand the tick volume validating my candlestick . normaly at the bottom of a up trend, vice versa. Have a fix 1:1.5 risk reward, using stop loss manually to trail according to how I interpret the relation between price & volume. What do you mean by market conditions ?

Brief summary of my system. Is not written black and white yet. Cause I am still thinking and am new to forex. 3 weeks only . my strategy is based on price & volume To go in the trade, either ranging or trending. Using some lagging indicator like stoch and EMA crosses to confirm before taking the trade. What hold me back is. I have not enough experience to interpret price & volume yet. Hence will need to keep records on my trade for future research.

Any comment would be great. Thanks
Happy pipping all

The best trading strategy is the one which perfectly fit with ur character. Same guys with the same strategy can showing otherwise results. So u better knew who u r scalper or maybe a long term trader. But price action, candlestick patterns and sup/dem zones analysing working with any strategies, currencies and timeframes.

History repeats itself and that’s a fact. Find out which part of history repeats itself the most and you will succeed :slight_smile:

The best strategy for me is any strategy having the lowest possible risk aiming at the biggest possible reward. What would that mean?
Allays use a very tight SL as tight as it makes sense for a short term trade. If the trade is profitable just don’t close it. Leave the fear of losing what you already gained. Multiply the winning positions by adding volume to them and considering the traded asset, set a target much much higher than what you’ve risked.
Here comes of course what does it mean for you “low risk” and “high reward” and how do you scale into your position (risk and money management), which as actually 80% of the trading

I agree.

I mostly enter on retracements of breakouts, but under certain circumstances, if my sl is hit, that usually indicates that the current b/o will continue, so I enter in the direction of the b/o.

One drawback to this strategy is that managing risk becomes a bit more complicated in my opinion. In my case, I think this is mostly due to the distance of entry from the base of the b/o. Ive had some succes using my original entry as a SL.

Improving my risk management strategy when trading breakouts has been a focus of mine lately.

1 Like