0.1 Lots to 1 Lots - Thoughts?

Hi all,

I am a new member to this forum but I have been actively trading forex for a while now, and have started a new trading account in 2017 over a base of $10,000 trading with initial starting lots 0.1.

I think I am doing pretty good for a start, and I was thinking of increasing skin in the game without increasing my TP zone. My plan to do this is to increase the lot size from 0.1 to 1, profit target from $50 to $500, and the base from $10,000 to $100,000. The idea is to keep the same TP percentages but amplify the profits (losses) accordingly.

What I am concerned about is the potential latency issues (I’m using an ECN) that comes with larger lot sizes. Any thoughts on this guys?

I am also updating my trade journal at this link:

http://forums.babypips.com/trade-journals/84344-carddards-2017-trade-journal.html

Current performance (17 Jan 2017) - $10k base, 0.1 lots

What’s the time frame of the above chart?

My strategy is independent of timeframe, but the above chart is is TF 1M

How you got this trad journal? Can you please send/ share the sample.

The trade journal is my own documentation of my progress overtime.

To answer this question rather bluntly and quickly…

There will be no latency with an ECN account trading 1.0 standard Lots. You would need far larger trade sizes to start to see partial fills at various tick levels due to liquidity. Take GBP/USD for example, it’s not uncommon to see 50+lots available at each tick level, and that’s during standard trading hours.

What does this mean? It means you ‘could’ place a 500lot trade within 1pip of slippage (consider averaging in) - in theory anyway!

I wasn’t asking about the time frame of your trading. I was looking to get an idea of what time period of your trading the chart covers. Is it just one day’s trading? Is it month-to-date?

What I’m after is a sense of your overall track record. The reason I ask is because you don’t want to up your trading size before you have a meaningful set of data to draw a conclusion that you have developed a stable, positive expectancy system.

Looks like just over one weeks worth of data. On his previous thread he placed 55 trades over 5 days.

Hi Jezzode,

This is very helpful.

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate it.

Hi rhodytrader,

This particular currency pair and trading account (10k, 0.1 lots) has only been live for about 2.5 weeks.
I see the direction you are coming from.
Thank you for your input.

I have previously tested with even smaller lots (0.01), and it served me well for a period of time, so I decided to up the stakes to 0.1 lots while maintaining the same trading strategy. Hence the question on the impact of 0.1 vs 1 lots.

I believe Peaceful Warrior was asking about the way you get the „Current performance” – Sheet with all the calculations and the line chart :slight_smile:
If so you need to go on account history tab in MT4 and choose the desired period, you want to see the history for. Once history is displayed you need to make a right click in the tab and choose “Save as Detailed Report”. A HTM file should be saved on your desktop which you could open in your browser.
I hope you find that helpful :slight_smile: