How much money should i start with?

No matters how much u fund u put in account, just invest only 30% of ur capital n other is to safe side to be stable in any market condition And for take advantage of good opportunities comes unexpectedly. Good luck

Enough to make you feel uncomfortable to lose, but not too much to make you terrified of loosing.

Hey mom, do you realise that the question you’re answering was asked [B][U]over 6 years ago[/U][/B]?

I mention it only because you haven’t been here long, and I’m concerned for the family reputation: sometimes it’s a good idea to read the threads before you reply to them, you know? (And by the way, it’s spelled “losing” - “loosing” is something different altogether). :wink:

They key and more safe, just use not more than 5% of your capital in a broker. Then make really planned order and based on calculation. One more, move away from big news. No one will able to avoid the disaster while big news coming. I use this trick in liteforex and fxpro…

Well if you had enough training on demo, tested and polished your trading strategy to perfection then you can move on live trading with 1-2k$ trading deposit. With less deposit you need to use higher leverage what is fraught with more risk and thus potential losses.

A very interesting question!
First of all you should start on a demo account and you should trade on a demo account until you are able to take it as a live account. When you are really motivated to show a good performance the type and the amount in your account should not have any influence on your trading style. If that is not the case you should not open a live account at all…
Second you should never stake an amount of money that you cannot afford to lose! Warren Buffett said: “ Never risk something you can’t afford to lose!”
Third it kinda depends on your perception for the trading and your goals if you have a strategy with a very high risk reward ratio you may start with smaller account because you just don’t need more money. I have seen people destroy 3 times one after another a 1k account and then multiply the next 1k account by 10.
It also depends on the instruments that you are going to trade if you are going to trade FX on a microlot account than you have a very small minimum but if you would like to build a long term lond and short portfolio of stocks… than you will need for sure a bigger amount of money in order your profits from a trade to cover your trading costs… and also to have enough margin for such positions…

It looks like you are the beginner in binary trading. You just need to know about the strategies working under investment. Before investing anything learn more and stay free from scam.

You can start trading with INR 10,000, which is neither too low nor to high to risk with.

My answer is simple. Do not start or invest what you cannot afford to lose. And make sure to always cut your losses short, that’s one reason traders who fail to cut their losses, lose money in forex.

Never ask anyone how much money you can spend. Everyone’s financial situation is different, there are people who work for a dollar a day and then those who spend $1000 to spend in an evening. first i would recommend putting 10-30 dollars on a cent account and trade with a minimal volume, opening maximum three deals on different tools. If you trade for a while (atleast three months) and see that it’s working for you, then you can add more money and trade by increasing the volume and with more money, and with time you can switch to a standard account.

And you have traded using a demo account? Maybe to start with it.

There is no fixed amount of money that decides the success of a forex trader. What is more important is your trading experience and how well you can manage your risks.

Enough to not be emotionally attached. So you cant tell the fix amount here

Oh, being not attached to your money is the most hardest part… even for those who has spent years trading. I still feel some disappointment when I face losing trades

Not being emotionally attached to your money is actually ridiculously difficult. It’s been over a year now for me, and my account size is small enough such that it wouldn’t hurt me even if I lost it all, but… it still hurts every time a trade loses :frowning:

psychology too strong

It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll only invest what you can afford to lose. Knowing fully well that Forex can be sometimes risky, your primary should focus then should be on protecting what you have. Making money is secondary.

Can’t get what’s wrong with it. Just wondering :slight_smile:
Was it sarcastic???

as much as you are ready to lose without regret and pain.

The minimum amount that still enables you to practice and use proper money management

Narenraj, I believe you are right but it’s also fair to say that NO ONE wishes to lose ANYTHING not even one cent, so even though it sounds sensible to put what we can AFFORD to lose, but in reality we really don’t want to lose anything even if we can afford. We should consider out self so lucky that we can practice on demo easily, as 15-20 years back even opening demo account was through paying money, but now it’s free so we need to figure these answers from there!