Welcome to my first thread
After nearly 2 years under the wing of my mentor Michael Huddleston i have started to find some consistency, and one of the methods i have learnt but not applied much is trading accumulation and distribution, which i will shorten right from the start to trading A/D!
There are many of us in baby pips who are learning from him but i never see anyone trading or even talking about this method...so i thought i would add this to my arsenal and go out there and see how good i can get at it.....
By the way i'll only be trading the cable and the fiber for now even though you can apply this to any pair.
Here we go....
i'll try make this method a complete trading system and plan so that others can learn and trade this method too, hopefully it will be refined as i go along but for now here is what i'll be doing.
1) At the weekend draw all support and resistance lines from a weekly, daily and 4 hour charts.
2) On a 1 hour chart, bring up the A/D indicator on MT4 and a Williams percent R on a 10 period. I am monitoring the 1 hour chart for set ups and then drilling down to a 15 min chart for entries.
3) I'll mainly be trading from Tuesday to Thursday and my main time zones will be London Open (LO) and New York Open (NYO), these days and times both fit in with my life and of course are the highest probability pay out times. Definitely No trading on Non Farm Payroll Fridays (first Friday of every month).
4) I will be looking for the A/D to have divergence with the asset i am trading when at a key support level previously drawn Or at either a 50 or 00 number, and i will only trade if the williams % R is oversold or overbought.
5) For the best entries I will use the OTE pattern, reflection pattern and/or turtle soup. Also looking for SMT divergence between the correlated pairs or the USDX. I will only look for one of these patterns for my entry I do not need to use all of them.
6) For exits I will either look for London close (3-4pm), average daily range to be reached and or swing extensions. There will also be times when we are in a nice buy or sell programme in which case i may hold for the weekly range, i may also wait for a second divergence to happen signalling that we have reached another intermediate swing point to go in the opposite direction.
7) When in a trade take off half of the position at 25-30pips and let the rest go to the target (stated above). Also move stop to break even once half is off.
8) Only take sell trades that are above the asian range low, and only take buy trades that are below the Asian range high. As a side note i will be taking into consideration the buy and sell zones on the daily pivots.
9) I am taking note of the market flow on the daily and 4hr, but not using these to decide which direction i'm trading. The point of keeping track of these is because when they are both flowing in the right direction I will be looking to hold the trade for longer and help with targets.
Very important of course! i'll be risking a maximum 2% of my whole account on any one trade, when i win i will continue to risk 2%, when i have a loss i will reduce my risk to half and then half again if i lose the next trade. i will only go back to 2% risk once i have at least recovered half of my first loss.
Pretty simple huh? ........
hopefully i will fly under the radar for a while till i have some more content for this thread as i only expect to get one trade a week.
For a better explanation of A/D see the video link below...
Trading Accumulation - Distributionon Babypips Inner Circle Trader - live streaming video powered by Livestream
Thank you again Michael for everything you do for us, I hope i can do you proud.