This is the start of my journey to becoming a Disciplined Trader. I am a swing trader, after I took a personality test, so my technical analysis will be on the Daily, Weekly and Monthly time frames. However, if I did find an opportunity, I will look at the 4-hour and the 1-hour charts for entry. I usually in a trade for two days up to a week or longer, so I might just trade once a week or none at all. I will use MT4 from FXDD for charting and to show my entry and exit points.
1. I am a disciplined trader
2. I trade my own profitable system
3. I use my technical analysis skill to increase my efficiency and profitability
4. I follow specific set of rules and stick to them
5. I take a loss if my system tells me to take a loss
6. I take a profit if my system tells me to take a profit
7. If I made a mistake, I fix the mistake before trading again
8. I learn from both my profits and losses and this makes me a better trader
9. I am a disciplined trader and that’s the only way I trade
1. Price action/pattern
2. Support/Resistance or Demand/Supply areas
3. Trend lines
4. Fibonacci retracement/extension
5. Fast Stochastic (10,3) for confirmation only, not signal
6. Optional: Oscillator of Moving Averages (OsMA) for divergence
Initial entry is two lots with 70 pips stop loss. First lot profit target is at 70 pips and move the second lot stop loss to breakeven. Second lot will stay and I’ll be moving the stop loss manually or close trade when reversal is inevitable. I can add position/s if the trend is strong and manage it by moving the stop loss.
Normally, I make my decision at 2 PM PST (USA); this is when FXDD ends and starts a daily bar. My entry will depend on the 1-hour and 4-hour charts. So, I’ll update this when I place a trade and follow it through.
Thank you for the warm welcome and interest. I hope during this journey, I can share my trading technique.
Here are my trades today:
Short 2 lots EUR/GBP @ 0.8979
SL @ 0.9054
First lot target @ 0.8904
Reason: Price action at resistance and divergence between Price (Higher Highs) and Oscillators (Lower Highs). A high Probability reversal.
Short 2 lots GBP/CHF @ 1.3505
SL @ 1.3580
First lot target @ 1.3430
Reason: Price action at resistance and a hidden divergence between Price (Lower Highs) and oscillator (Higher Highs). A high probability trend continuation.
I saw the GBP/USD, Daily chart, made a Bullish Engulfing bar last Friday. Since it happened on a support area and the Stochastic is making a higher lows, I'm planning a Long entry only. I'll be watching the 4-hour and 1-hour charts starting at 2:00 PM, Sunday (Pacific Time), for a good entry...I'll update when I placed the trade.