Scalping with HEAT

If you make more when you win than when you lose 50/50 ain’t bad!

No, I don’t look for any other shades.

What chart period are you trading? That makes a difference. The H1 will give you more pips per trade than the M1.

Hi Avery,
Well this was scalping so I have been using a 5 minute chart for the top 3 or 4 major currencies and only when there is a lot of price range/volatility. Not when things are quiet. Though I have been thinking of using the Eur/CHF because yes, it is a bit quieter but the moves are steadier.

If you are recommending the H1 time frame I will take a look at that, the 30 minute and the 15 minute as well just for the sake of learning.

My profit target is 3 to 5 pips but I would just like to try to get into a time frame that will be a strong probability of getting 5 pips. Any recommendations? Probably 15 minutes or higher right?

OK…so to clarify…

You are only doing a trade if it is DARK GREEN after DARK RED or a DARK RED after a DARK GREEN?

By the way, thanks for responding. It means a lot and will certainly help others and prevent duplicates.

Brian

PS - I assume you wait for the candle to close to confirm it’s final color? Because as the market pips away (nice pun huh) it changes color. I have been waiting for the close to make my move.

i downloaded what I think is the right indicator, but i seem to be missing the bottom indicator window with the heat bars on it and have another window showing multiple currencies instead. have i downloaded the wrong one?

The 2 HEAT indicators that you downloaded are the ones that are posted on the net.

The one with the bars at the bottom was sent, as a THANK YOU, to people who donated to my PayPal account.

so the one we see here takes a required donation? lol

btw: forgive my ignorance but I see not diff between what ewok posted and a regular blue/red or white/gray candle chart…

aight so what you are infact saying is the one shown in the screenshot at the start of this thread is not infact free at all.

that clears things up a little i think :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone still using HEAT? I’m going to try it when I get home but w/o the Indicator that you have to buy, how do you keep track of the color changes?

Also you only trade the dark shades right? Not the bright ones?

I think it would be better to move on.
Many posters here asked detailed questions but got only a few hints as an answer.

For me it is not worthwhile to spent more time on this thread as long as basics are not answered.

What basics have not been answered?

This is a nice cat and mouse game being played with newbies. The poster makes it appear that he’s some benevloent person just looking out for the poor suckers who lose money in forex. He’s a master indicator programmer, and gives all his stuff away for free, but was banned for this practice of giving stuff away! HOGWASH! Then, months after his first post, a poster asks where the most important of this “free” indicator is, and learns that’s given only for “donations” to his Paypal account. Now we know why this guy was banned. Mr. poster, why don’t you ask the owners of this site if they permit you to give away any and all non pantented indicators for free without any Paypal donations? If this site won’t allow you to, there’s at least two other sites that I’m CERTAIN will allow and welcome you to post free indicators to your hearts content. My guess is you’re trying to lure people from this site to a place where they can shower you with donations for your holy grail indicators. Newbies, don’t fall for this guys scam. Also see his post where he titles it “Never Lose Again”, and it says nothing except you need the right mindset, blah, blah blah and to be continued. Probably for three more months like this one, at which time he will say you need his newest and greatest indicator…for a small donation, of course.

HOGWASH? Did you see I posted a FREE INDICATOR on Forex Trading Online Training: Learn Foreign Exchange Currency Trading today? Check the time stamp of the post.

I don’t know who you are but you are spreading lies about me. But that’s OK. The truth always wins in the end.

Yes, some of my indicators are only sent to people who make donations. Is that a crime? Aren’t I the one who says you don’t need indicators - all you need is a HORIZONTAL LINE?

Why don’t you look and see how many indicators of my you can download from free? IT’S HUNDREDS!!

I am NOT using coercion. If someone likes my work and wants to show appreciation by making a donation, what’s wrong with that? It’s between them and me. Doesn’t affect you at all. There are plenty of free indicators all over the net. There are plenty of sites selling indicators. So what is your real problem?

Most important indicators? There is no such thing!! You sound bitter. Did the market wipe you out? Show me where I say you HAVE TO HAVE ONE OF MY INDICATORS?

Lure people away? You must be DELUDED! I tell every newbie I come across to come to BabyPips and click on the school tab.

This is the INTERNET aka the INFORMATION HIGHWAY. INFORMATION EXCHANGE is what this place is all about. Somehow that fact seems to have escaped you.

In the NEVER LOSE AGAIN thread here, there won’t be any need for any indicator that I invented or coded. In the original NEVER LOSE AGAIN thread there were hundreds of free indicators that brought TradeStation into the 21st Century by pushing RadarScreen to its limits.

Once again, I don’t know who you are or why you are attempting to tarnish my reputation. Feel free to contact me so when can hash this out one-on-one.

Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Posted my version of the HEATMAP here:

http://forums.babypips.com/gbpjpy/15356-gbp-jpy-winning-strategies-29.html#post65052

ive corresponded a lot with TRO over the years…on forex strengthmeters I was developing in the early 2000’s and he has also done some other programming for me …

hes a demon programmer and excellent trader …really outside the box in his thinking

is he banned here at Babypips ?

N

that’s what it says on the tin.

he’s definitely an acquired taste & alright in small doses but as with the title of his thread, he attracts a lot of heat on his travels & often becomes embroiled in conflict, which usually relates to posting links & diverts away from forums…a tactic particularly frowned upon on here.

ok understood …Ive known him for years …like most maverick traders he is a one off and I can see how he frustrates the hell out of most forum moderators …these guys are always on the edge !

thanks
N

the guy is a genius …helped me with some early strengthmeter programming until I started programming my self and also buying my programmers in to help me…has always helped me when needed …but then again I know my stuff inside out…

he gets very frustrated with people who don’t understand trading …he doesn’t suffer fools …not perfect for a trainer/coach/mentor - so hes never been really suited to that role in truth

read that last post of his here very carefully …I know the stuff he is talking about and he is implying that most people never really look at what solutions are offered to them …they just try it for a while say it doesnt work and decide the person providing it is a fraud / idiot …[B]seriously ?
[/B]
Most people in search of Holy grail trading wouldn’t know the Holy grail if it was painted in 50 foot sign and walked up to them …they usually possess a woeful lack of knowledge re trading (despite thinking they are smart) and their limited learning has also given them a distorted/broken idea of what the Holy grail looks like …traders need to open their minds a lot …never stop learning and always be prepared to ditch old ideas no matter how holy to them :cool:

adapt , move on and be open to new ideas from others !

so don’t underestimate his talents guys …that’s a little short sighted and not the bigger picture verses the many under average traders and trainers out there not fit to wipe his shoes ! :22:

sorry , im not usually like this on a soap box …but had to set the record straight for an old mate unable to defend himself here

N

Kesliks name here as well eh ? …jees theres some decent traders being mentioned on this thread - respect

Say, did you guys look at the code posted by TheRumpledOne (TRO_HeatMap_Orig.mq4)?

It’s legit you know. And since the dude actually posted his source in here, in my opinion, he is sincere about his willingness to share his methods.

I kind of feel sad that he’s banned. I think that’s rather harsh.

It isn’t possible to assess whether or not it was “harsh” without seeing the evidence behind that decision, and the reality is that whatever someone has done to merit being banned will rightly have been removed by the moderators, so by definition [I]we can’t see it[/I] and make that judgment.

My own feeling (as a forum-owner and administrator, myself) is that a moderator’s job is difficult enough without being criticised by brand new members in their very first post, who don’t and can’t understand the reasons behind previous decisions because the evidence has - by definition - already gone.

yep TRO walks his own path alright…been banned from every big forum at one time or another

N