Never Lose A Trade (Theoretically)!

You’re assuming an awful lot here.

Nothing ever falls in a straight line.
And entering the market does not necessarily mean entering a trade.

Well, you’re right in asmuch that nothing falls in a straight line. The mentioned drop concerning the USD/JPY did take 4 months.
Can you elaborate on why you believe I’m assuming something that is not real? Or, do you beleive it is practical to never post a losing trade?

Price is basically an oscillator. Money flows from place to place because of value. The flight recently to the franc and yen are examples of that.

The high influx of money to the franc is hurting the Swiss economy badly right now. As a result, the value won’t be there, money will have to leave, and price will drop.

As for never losing a trade, is it practical? It all depends on your strategy, and method of market entry.

You can make money doing nothing but selling in a bull market, and you can make money doing nothing but buying in a bear market.

It’s all in learning to let the market come to you, instead of chasing it.

Master Tang said, "Unless I am directly addressing extract, from here on out, I would appreciate no further posts directed at me."
Do as you say.

Plus, my experience is in trading, not betting.

Good luck in your betting ventures, TANG!

I hope your trading skills are better than your reading comprehension skills.

Those are pretty much non-existent.

I left the door open in my statement to discuss things in other places on the forum. I was just done being off topic there.

extract’s thread was rendered a shambles with irrelevant posts by all of us.

In this one, you specifically asked me a question.

Pardon me for answering.
I thought we could move on.

one problem i see with this idea is that you have only accounted for your trades closing out.

lets say you place a trade at an extreme high. the trade moves against you 100 pips on the first day, no worries, then the next day another 100 loss, and then another, and another, all of a sudden you are 1000 pips in (theoretical loss) and then you have to keep the position open and pray for a reversal. you cant open another trade while this is going on. and day after day goes without your system going anywhere.

Example eur/usd the week of the 1st of may this year. you open a long position at say 1.4900 and according to current charts you would be 1500 pips down and still waiting for the price to return to norms.

To me the reason to close a trade that is against you is to free up your account to trade again and recover those losses, this system to me is the same as buying and holding stock and praying it goes up.

This trading system is nice on paper but won’t work in the long term and with real money.
1:Long Trends will destroy your profits, sometimes long trends last months or years for the bigger ones.
2:News/Government involvements in the currency can force a currency to spike 2k pips in the opposite direction(Its rarely done but it does happen).
Long term use of this system won’t work because it exposes you to a huge risk in the future for 1-10 years of trading this.

I think the Idea of not making a single loosing trade is quite nice but would also demand that you make next to nothing profit. In the end Forex is a game of probability, and all that really matters is profit at the end of whatever period a trader sets for himself…Perfection is unnecessary and a huge waste of time.

A lot of us are tempted into wasting so much time trying to perfect a winning system, in search of the HOly Grail when we could be raking in Pips [me included]. Truth is a system that is 51% right is good enough already, everything else is just greed, impatience and time.

Just dare to leave open a buy in GbpAudvfor a week or two. Have you ever heard somethig about rollover? Do you know what over spread is? Let’s say you sell on gbpjpy and somehow boj intervention works and price never comes back again? Aw yeah, don’t forget those pairs that have negative swaps in both directions.

Think outside the box a bit.

There are ways to enter the market that don’t involve opening a trade. And those unopened trades do not incur drawdowns, or swap rates…

[QUOTE=Master Tang;294775][/quote]"Think outside the box a bit.

There are ways to enter the market that don’t involve opening a trade. And those unopened trades do not incur drawdowns, or swap rates…"

I’m not thinking clearly. ?

I know you better’n that;)

Ok, i am completely lost now.

How can you be lost?

What happens when you open a pending order that never gets triggered?

SL counts as pending order?

why would want to have an untriggered order? I really don’t use stop or limit orders, just sl anz tp.

And that would explain why the concept of a no loss system would never work for you.

You’re trading the wrong side of the line.

You can use market orders for entry, but that would incur large drawdowns.
When you use pendings, the market can go where it will without having a detrimental effect on your balance.

I really still don’t get it.

Mr. Gone, don’t let you confuse by others. :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as your order is not filled, there is no market exposure. You can file anything from limit via market to stop orders and you are NOT in the market with those orders. Just a order [B]with filling[/B] is “a ticket” to be in the market.

Never Lose A Trade?

. . .sounds like me last year! Well, not a significant loss - several tiny losses (and tiny wins) due to frequently opening and closing tiny positions to test scripts that I have been working on. As for my real trading, all stop losses that were hit were already moved to break even or negligible amounts before hit. On the positive side I had 12 trades that were closed in substantial profit (from May-Dec), I know not its many trades but I was able to always cut losses short and let profits run.

My account has grown 820% since April 25th, and all trades were made with 2-8% risk, (except 2 of the trades - my first profitable trade i risked 40% (a gamble i know - but i could afford to lose the money lol) and it gained me 85%, then one of my 4th or 5th trades i risked 28% - and it gained me 50% - every thing else, include my biggest winners were all from 2-8% intial risk) - So even if a couple times I risked more than I should have to give my account a boost - i still had no real losers last year.

And now Im taking it more seriously and will never risk more than 5-6% on a trade again.