Forex Trading Method (FTM)

thnaks ramrocket for your observation. i beleive this sytem automatically considers all such small observations. it is basically enter on the signal and if it is right ride with it and if wrong exit and control your loss with good money management.
that is what the simplicity of this system is so that if someone is interested to trade two or three currency pairs he can have good concentration level to go on.

how good signals are provided by system in case of eurusd. all three signals in my style of trading

LOWIQ are you using this system and how you found it. plaese post your demo and live trades if you are using this system

USDCAD trade is on the direction of giving 2nd and 3rd trade signal in next 4-8 hours or so but do watch the indicators carefully for any potential reversal.

Looks to be a very interesting strategy. Only just come across this thread so canā€™t comment more at this stage, but will be keeping up with the goings on a hopefully contributing more as time goes on!!

Good luck!!

Hello, Hello :stuck_out_tongue:

I spent last night looking at the RSI 45 cross. I think they give a pretty good idea of a trend starting, and simple. Havenā€™t digested the indicators yet. Thanks for the insight. Canā€™t find many original ideas with swing trading. Good job!

I use Oandaā€¦how can I get around level zero (Indicator)ā€¦

generalz

thanks generalz for comments. this is totally my original work and it is profitable. i desighned it to profit from range and trend from any currency pair by combining indicators and by getting into three trades and money management. I use FXCM trading station and metatrader charts. I dont have any idea about oanda because i never used that. sorry for that. anybody using oanda may come for help soon whenever he reads this
thanks and please give your analysis and observation to improve rules for this strategy

Shandy looking for your valueable contributions

hello LOWIQ are u still holding your trade or exited your position in eurgbp as MACD trend has yet not changed and may go further long. please tell about latest situation. if you exited your trade what were the reasons.

It looks to me as if GBPUSD has signalled a downward trend now at around 1.9590?

less interest by traders.
ok those who dont want to trade first signal of the trade can do so and can only trade 2nd and 3rd signal

fix target for 2nd signal as per currency pair
and 3rd signal to be of system exit

remove trend and MACD indicators from chart and add stoch 39,2,2 simple low/high with level 50 only.
this would remove lot of uncertainties from trade as first signal i think most traders are getting difficult to pull on

see the attached chart (NZDUSD)

this is the best strategy for those who want to trade trend or range by what so ever way they like but traders are not giving their comments about it. i am unable to understand that either they dont have time to comment or they did not like this strategy. At one point i thought closing of this thread but now i feel that everyone reading will give comments what so ever thay may be. so far about 2000 views and opnly few replies. you can see one example as attached chart. It is just a matter of sitting tight.

hi,

about your system, looks great for a trending market, and looks like plenty of profit can be made judging by the backtesting.

But looking at choppy markets it does look like there will be a lot of losses in a row, is there anything built into your system to avoid this?

thanks

N

you can add RSI 14 and can read the attached file in details if you want to trade in more details and everything that appers

Trend_Determination-RSI.pdf (560 KB)

Iā€™m still lurkingā€¦have been adapting this system for meā€¦WARNINGā€¦I am a newbie and sometimes do not completely understand indicatorsā€¦so if I donā€™t make sense, Oh wellā€¦

this is what I am testingā€¦the holidays are not good playing for real. Up 400 pips this weekā€¦gbp/us-gbp/jyp-eur/jyp

Enter:
All 4 must cross about the same time: I draw line to verifyā€¦
Crossā€¦ 5+10
RSI 14ā€¦ Cross 50 line
Stoch 39,2,2 Cross
CCI 14: Helps read early trend direction
Exit if cross O

Exit

CCI or any indicator crosses 0 or 50 line for sureā€¦earlier if you wish?

I Like CCIā€¦it is a bit of a leading indicator and can give you some hint to where the we are goingā€¦

i am failing to understand that where confusion lies in this system. please do use and add as many indicators as you can but do not change the basics of this system. At one stage of learning i have also been using 10 indicators and now only prefer these few and trusted one. There is no holy grail and losses are the part of this complicated game, so trade freely and control your losses and let your profits run. divesify your trades and do not put more than 1 % of your capital in any trade, however you can have more number of trades but diversify them into different currency pairs. All you positions those open should not acceed total tolerable loss of your account(5% in my case). That is very simple science/art and one more thing and that is very very important that do not involve yourself into complex analysis/jigsaw puzzles and only thing that you can do is to control your risk and trust your system. How simple it is. try it and you will feel it that you are winning the war

Iā€™m a bit confused with the system now as from what I can see there is now a fair list of indicators:

SMAā€™s
RSI 14
RSI 45
Stoch 39 2 2
MC / MACD
Trend

Should we now only be using the Stoch and RSIā€™s? With regard to Stoch what exactly are you looking for with this please - divergence, crossing levels etc? And why is this better than the Trend and MACD at preventing losses during ā€œchoppyā€ periods in the market?

Thanks for the help in understanding your system, sounds like itā€™s worth putting the effort in to understand properly.

Trend and MACD are lagging indicators and will give you you whipsaws while unsmoothed stoch is not lagging indicators and keeps you fairly closer to market turns when it is ranging

Helloā€¦

are you using any stop-loses? Or are you mainly exiting on the RSI 50 cross???

and

the what is the difference in RSI 14 and 45. RSI 14 moves around more than 45, am I rightā€¦

thanks

generalz

you can just see the rules and attached charts. RSI 45 is less erratic as compared to RSi 14 and that is why it is been used for trend detrmination
rules are as under

1. When Trend and MC cross together in the direction of (weekly trend) take position and if recrosses before cross of RSI exit
  2. If RSI crosses 50 after taking position than follow the RSI till system exits that is RSI re crosses