Price action swing trading

Hi.

Yes I am here :slight_smile:

Just came back from a year and a half of Forex trading break.

Im a swing trader using only Bollinger bands for trading.

Take care!

Simon.

What is a swing trader professional description?
Theres only 4 types of professional traders do you know which one is it will help you in your trading.

Nice to be back here…If we still have Pure Price action traders in the house, its time again for partying on the charts as we move to a new year…

Nice to be back here…

@ kneesup
Hello trader, its been 3yrs+ now, i hope you’re still in the best profession ever…
I checked the PAST site and i must say they are wonderful…its almost as if i did the postings there myself (same thoughts, same approach) especially their present take on GbpJpy a trade av gone short on using almost same analysis as theirs.

Can you send a copy of their book ''PAST"

thanks.

Let’s take a look at the EurUsd chart

On the weekly time frame, we see price at a resistant level and likely forming a double top. Buyers beware at this point as sellers are revving up to take over…but the lower time frames will give us more details as to what price is doing.

2013-12-17_1416 - TheLiberators’s library

See what the daily is saying here

2013-12-17_1423 - TheLiberators’s library

On the 4hr tf, we see more interesting likelyhood of a bearish run…see chart here

2013-12-17_1427 - TheLiberators’s library

When we have a squeeze cf on the 4hr time frame, we usually go to 1hr tf to look for a 321 entry. This gives us a suggestion of where the squeeze cf will break out to…and from all indication, its highly likely to give a bearish breakout…see chart here…

2013-12-17_1435 - TheLiberators’s library

UPDATE ON EURUSD
Price did dance (trickishly though) as expected and presently we have taken 2 short positions on EurUsd
ENTRY 1. was at 1.3740
ENTRY 2. was at 1.3789

Stop Loss is at 1.3869
TP 1 is at 1.3415
TP 2 is at 1.2754
TP 3 IS at 1.2118
Hope this turns out well…

If you missed initial entry on EurUsd, dont fret yet…Price might give u another opportunity to enter at a good point…
Will keep you posted as this pair unfolds…

Good Morning guys…

Just a quick one before i dash out…

The yen pairs are showing interesting signs right now…of top importance to us at Forex Traders Academy is the NzdJpy…
Double top + squeezy candle formation + Bearish bat formation…etc, we just might see a big drop in this pair…

Charts and more detailed analysis will come up later…Wish u guys happier pipping…

Here’s the analysis as promised…
On the weekly time frame, we see a bearish bat complete at a close range to an anticipated resistant point…

On the daily tf, we see a bearish crab formation complete at same area as the weekly bearish…

On the 4hr tf, we see a bearish viglo formation…Price gave us a squeeze cf, but no break out yet for us to take a trade…Moreso the squeeze cf range is too wide and not so convenient to trade, so we’d prefer to see a better candle formation for us to go short on this pair.

I have read your very first post, where you were been writing about price action being the most effective way how to treat the market. Why did you turn into harmonics?

Pipnailer … curious … what do you use for your charting solution?

Trading becomes easy only after you have put in the hard work required to master the business.

Well there is different trading method that one can opt for trading.This is basically how I trade along with another similar system.

I use MT4 platform

Well, i guess the word ‘PRICE ACTION’ has different interpretation from traders…to me, harmonics is a component of Price Action…

Price Action approach to trading, is multifaceted…its like a room with many entrance doors…

I was thinking the same question and you answered. I don’t like harmonics but I can see the logic behind your approach.

Happy new year to everyone…last year was a good one for me and i pray this year would even be better…

Started trading this yearwith a short position taken on AudJpy this week…and so far so good…(150+ pips and still counting)…

I will try to post here more often and i hope my posts will help at least 1 person to improve his/her trading.

AudJpy on the monthly tf showed an overbought position at a resistant level,(Oct closed candle), this gives an indication of the beginning of a bearish move (i hope to do a little write up on time frame indications-how it relates to creating an effective and profitable strategy).

On the weekly tf, we wait for price to also show an overbought position, and then look for price action movements/formmations on daily tf to go short…
We had a first bearish signal in November last year…with a bearish candle formation…entry at 101.30…a new entry was given this week with a bearish 321 formation and we’re in on that at 95.20 (though we came in a bit earlier than 95.20)

with swing systerm trading. you should choose some broker have low spread. you can get better price. this is the main of this strategy. i think we can get more profit with lower cost

its good to have a broker with lower spreads…but , thats not the main of this strategy…Moreso, there’s more to a good broker than lower spreads…

even though last week the audjpy went up, i think it provides another good opportunity to go short.