Volume-price action fx trading strategy

Hi,i came across this fx strategy of recent and i fell in love with it.i’ve been looking 4 ideas to perfect a particular strategy iam developing now but all info on it is fussy untill someone remmended these books:MASTER THE MARKETS by Jim Wykcoff and the Secret science of price and volume by Timothy Ord .anyone out there with these books,i will appreciate it and secondly,anyone with trading info. on price-volume trading strategy is welcome.thanks.

Hi,
I’ve been also looking for some book on volume analysis and luckily found one,
However I’m unable to post a link as I’m a newbie(due to the spammer policy),
Please find the steps below

1. Put the following query in google,
    “Secret science of price and volume by Timothy Ord”

2.The SECOND link which pops up, which is something like,

"The Secret Science of Price and Volume by Tim Ord » Full Software …
20 May 2009 …

Regards,
Madhur

Volume is a wrong way in Forex.
Forex not centralized market and your search in this field goes nowhere.
For price action the best is Renko.

You can easily get those ebooks for free on 4shared.com.

I would recommend Petefaders thread http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc.html to see how he successfully uses VSA concepts in his forex trading.

:slight_smile:

I agree. Price moves in waves and it tells you when there is a breakout coming, you can use bollinger bands to confirm it.

lol…wow. Volume is useless and bolinger band breakouts is the key. Well Sweetpip, we tried.

Nobody said bollinger bands is the key. It’s a opinion, your point of view of the market might not be the same for other traders.

True, more than one way to skin a cat…[I]if[/I] it works for you, cool. But I obviously disagree that tick volume is useless. Along with s/r, it’s the basis of my trading and it serves me better than any indie ever did.

Spot on art. I always take anybody with a volume related fx strategy with a raised eyebrow that said there is a large corp called Dukascopy based in switzerland that has a lot of major bank liquidity so some traders use their volume bars. A bit of a bad habit as I see it. Also you are the first person in a long time to mention RENKO bricks. I don’t use them personally but I advise those who have difficulty with trade management to give them a try.

Hahahaha!

Not sure if thats a picture of you petefader but dunno what yer message is supposed to be.