Ichimoku Kinko Hyo 101

Will be glad if you can continue your thread …as i have not seen your strategy in full bro…Thanks

Thanks for your input cloudypips, much appreciated.

I posted in the hope of some feedback from a seasoned user of ichimoku like yourself.

My analogy is and was to go with TS/KS cross as I could see from price action EU looks leggy and was in need of a retrace, as it is now doing. I am looking at the forward kumo and am watching price with TS/KS as these should for now diverge and if price returns to the downside, should soon bring a TS/KS cross albeit above the kumo when price will be below the kumo, giving a weaker signal.

This is my take but I am simply trying to learn how to use IKH as a long term trend following method.

I am also looking at other pairs but this and GU look nearer to a possible downside continuation of the larger down trend which was in play before this retrace IMO.

Look forward to you posting more in the future for us just starting out with IKH.

Thanks again.

ps also watching AU’s retrace below the kumo for possible entry.

I’d be interested to hear more on the application of Heiken Ashi candles with Ichimoku. I’ve heard and read various things about this combination. I love Ichimoku and find it to be the best approach for me (daily time frames and with a full-time job). Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Daxter

thanks for your post. I was just doing a visual test on the 1H and 4H charts and I must say, I was amazed at how powerful using the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo indicator (properly) coupled with using the ART Trailing stop indicator is. If only we could somehow develop this into an EA of somehow then we will be able to quantify how great it is. thanks anyways. Btw, why did you stop posting. Hope the other ‘smartie pants’ didn’t scare you away.

Actually, I digress…I’m completely abandoning Ichi for Elliot Wave Theory. It’s a great system but it doesn’t suite my personality nor does it provide the insights I crave regarding the markets and price whereas Wave Theory does indeed provide that for me. While I won’t be providing any Ichimoku insights, I will be developing a thread dedicated to the study of EWT and hope that you guys will take a peek sometime.

Hi Cloudypips, thanks for replying. I also started to study EWT last year, but stopped after the basic wave knowledge, as I found it difficult to work out the cycles and supercycles etc. along with the many different wave patterns. I will ponder over to your thread though.

Now back to ichimoku, I’m no expert (far from it), but this is my take so far with my plan;

Looking at the daily chart we now have the start of a downtrend in that we have a significant lower high but as yet no lower low. looking at ichimoku, we now have a tenkan sen/kijun sen cross to the downside albeit in the kumo signalling a neutral sell. chikou span is now firmly inside previous price action, signalling a possible downturn but again neutral as it is still not below price. But look at the diminishing bullish kumo which is performing a kumo roll into bearish resistance in the future, which is supported by the weekly and monthly charts.

This is further reinforcing my opinion of a downtrend yet to come, I will post my entry if and when I take it when price actually breaks the kumo to the downside.

As always all comments appreciated. I do not wish to take over this thread as I am just a beginner here, if the OP is out there, would they like to take up where they left off to help us with ichimoku?

This default ichimoku settings are really bad for trading. Its better to avoid rather than using custom ichimoku trade settings. I prefer 3,12,18 for ichimoku parameters.

guys, can you even read these charts? cmon!
aren’t they a bit overloaded? :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

They are not overloaded. Once you understand them you see that everything works together and if only one thing was missing the system would stop working completely. I suggest that you begin by reading the Ichimokuwiki PDF. Its a very good introduction to the world of Ichimoku kinko hyo.

You can search for it on the web.

Hello guys!

I am also using Ichimoku on my trading. Hope that this thread will continue as I am looking forward for the discussions regarding how to trade Ichimoku profitably.

I use 8,29,34…so far still works for me on h4 …

Problem in the USA. There is no one that can teach you the art of ichimoku. You need to go to japan and find a mentor. I was lucky. My mother graduated from Tokyo u. She taught me

life’s too short for boring cars and cheap wine.

Hello Everyone!

I am presently reading Cloud Charts by David Linton and Trading With Ichimoku Cloud by Manesh Patel. I wonder if there are other books or documents I should read about Ichimoku Kinko Hyo?

SZ

Sorry guys but i only have the ex4 file for ichi360v8 indicator. can somebody give me the mq4 file beacuase i cant find it anywhere, the original site is down!

I couldn’t even got the chance to get an .ex4
Can you please share the ex4 of ichi360v8?

Alright, I found it. The website is down now so if someone want this, its here.
I think V2 is still a better one. Its also included.

Hi CloudyPips,

I downloaded ichi360 monitor V2 but I can’t seem to install it. Could you provide more detailed instructions, please? =) Also, more details on how to reposition…Sorry, I don’t know how to offset text. Thanks!

Forex Caliber

A shame all these good threads that die down thoguh

i just started ichimuko myself and really like it. i still have more to learn but i have had good success with it. the trade i did lose were because i tried to let run to long or held because it didnt hit my take profit.being stubborn and trying to get my 1-2 and instead of taking profit i let it become loser
i use tk cross and cloud bo

I trade S&P 500 futures everyday using the kumo & have used the ichiMoku system for options, Forex & futures over charts ranging from 13 tick to monthly. If you want to post specific examples you are on the fence about and what you were thinking at the time I wouldn’t mind occasionally discussing a bit.