Can some one suggest a simple trading system?

Just trade an end of day trend trading system… low maintenance and low stress.

Yep,

The easiest and most effective one you will find.

Trade with the trend on the 1hr time frame and buy the dips.

I’m with xanh! The price action thread (301 Moved Permanently) by Johnathon is a great swing traders thread & focuses on the higher time-frames and use of clean charts

Cheers!

Simplest systems for what you want are the Channel Breakout (Donchian/Turtle/etc) or Smith’s Conqueror.

They take very little time to set up and watch, and have been proven to work (channel breakout) for 60ish years.

I think every time frame is good for trading.every tick of clock is important for forex trading and the matter of luck is also most important in the field of trading and proper planning is highly recommended for this type of trading

Just keep surfing through the forums. You’ll be fine.

My very successful Forex Colleague trades with the channel breakout system ( boring as watching grass grow) but good trading is not exciting trading!

Absolutely. I make tonnes of pips off it, and I’d rather that than excitement = stress…

Hi,
which type of channel please?

Hi Cyco, I see that you are in Perth, I am as well. I used to run a group for traders in our lovely city.

I run Courtney D. Smith’s 55/20 and the Turtle 20/10

Thanks a lot

Couldn’t find a much more simple trading method than this.

Go through the thread again and again.
You won’t be needing anything else.

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/39634-pure-price-action-dummies.html

Is it the blue and red channels indicator with the arrows indicating long/short positions?

A simple system,

Open up a few charts,

Find an indicator that tells you the weekly pivots, support and resistance.

If price opens for the week above the weekly pivot line, set a buy limit order at the weekly pivot line with a 2 x ATR stop (from the 4HR charts, 20 period setting), and place your take profit at the first resistance level.

If price opens for the week below the weekly pivot line, set a sell limit order at the weekly pivot line with 2 x ATR stop (on the 4HR charts, 20 period setting) and place your take profit at the first support level.

Have fun :slight_smile:

EDIT: Slight enhancement: you may want to study the volatility of the pairs and see which pairs are most likely to go part R1/S1 on any particular week and set the T/P targets to R2 and S2 for those pairs… :slight_smile: all the best.

check out GBP/USD, worked for 10 out of last 16 weeks, only 1 of the week you would have gotten your stop-loss hit, some weeks there were no trade because the price opened AT the weekly pivot.

Black line is weekly pivot, orange is R1, blue is S1, beige line is weekly open.
Some weeks it was just slightly missed so do monitor manually and shift your stops up when the trade goes in your favour. :slight_smile:

Ignore the words, those are just writing on the charts by me when I was backtesting a system of mine :slight_smile:

I agree. Trading alone (especially learning alone) can be such a drag.

One quick question, what do you use to determine trend direction?

Cyco, can you please share these systems? Thanks!

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/6580-3-ducks-trading-system.html

Been around since 07’ simple system.

Any Price Action based is good. The problem though is not the system, is you, remember that.