The Forex Portfolio - How to Gain Consistent Profits by Staying in the Market 24/7

[I]Thread Table of Contents:[/I]

Drop Your Indicator. Forget the News. Get with the Program.

8 Currencies. 28 Pairs. 100’s and 100’s of Pips.

Eliminating the Traditional Use of Stop Loss and Take Profit to Increase Gains.

Your Strict Trading Plan Sucks as Bad as the Guy that Sold the Idea to You.

Trade Analysis - Short USDCHF @ .9191

Arriving Late to Catch the Trend

Update - Short USDCHF @ .9191

I will not be your teacher. You will not be my student. I am not a mentor, nor do I want to be. I have no desire to hold your hand through trades and spoon feed you. I am not a signal service. If I mention a trade, that is not an invitation to trade it. You’ll understand why as this thread progresses. I will not post a live link to any trading account I have now or in the future.

What I will do is provide in as much detail as I can, my methodology for tackling the Forex market. What began years ago as Price Action Hero has led me to where I am now, a consistently profitable Forex trader with a professional background in risk analysis and wealth management.

You will hear things you’ve never heard before. You will run into things I say that go against certain principles you’ve been taught before. Without a doubt, this will likely be the first time you ever encountered a methodology quite like this.

I prefer simplicity. If I say down, I mean down. If I say a line, I mean a line. There is little need for a glossary or dictionary, expect for the times I lay down some vocabulary that appears to some as a twenty dollar word.

If you have questions. Ask. I will answer.

There won’t be videos or live streams. I won’t dedicate or obligate myself to anyone. I am subject to stop this at any time.

I am not a guru. I am not a brand.

Now after that stiff introduction, if you are so inclined to follow along, you will be able over time have the opportunity to piece together yourself a methodology that will keep you in the market 24/7 and yet reward you will consistent profits. You will not be a millionaire in a year. But you will be in the 5% that actually reap in profits.

Before I begin, are there any questions?

[B]CURRENT RESULTS (Updated 06/04/2013 8:20PM CST)

58.8% gain for the year.
[/B]

Can you explain your background in risk analysis and wealth management?

And will you talk about your overall portfolio or just limit this to forex?

No, I won’t talk about my background in any depth. I’m self employed. I work directly with people that have relative amounts of wealth. I hold several credentials. That’s all there really needs to be known.

This will be limited to just forex.

With this method that you are about to introduce us to, will you be hedging your positions with derivatives?

Trick question as it’s inherent that we will be.

Where will you post them? How can I follow? Many thanks

Will this involves econometrics/finance concepts ? (ie CAPM,diversification, markowitz etc etc)

Anything posted will be placed here. You can subscribe to this thread to follow.

No use of CAPM.

Markowitz has an influence here.

Awesome! Looking forward to it :32:

Sounds interesting, I tried to start a conversation about risk management on another forum (non fx trading) but no one was interested so I’ve subscribed looking forward to seeing things from a different angle :53:.

Cheers,
Tave

First – Thanks for your time – I can tell it will be valuable to us. I look forward to following with great anticipation.

Thanks,We are waiting…

Remove your indicators.

Get rid of your news feed.

Turn off CSPAN.

Stop hoping.

Stop assuming.

Stop praying.

Just stop.

You will never be able to predict market movement accurately. Ever.

Your indicator. Your news feed. The talking heads on TV. All they do is give you a reason to think you are educated about the decisions you make. It is false confidence and it doesn’t work for the mass majority of retail traders.

Price is never oversold or overbought. It simply cannot be. It is just price.

The Non-Farm Payroll Report didn’t help you any bit this month than it did the last, regardless of your results. You were simply gambling.

When price touched the 100 EMA, did you make a decision simply based on that because price is somehow supposed to react to it every time?

Or maybe it was because you used a combination of the two, or even more methods of analysis to render a decision on a single trade.

Stop it. You’re complicating this.

While you spent 20 minutes figuring out a trade for one pair, I was monitoring 25 pairs and making decisions on them in the same time span.

There is only price. And price moves. Price moves because there are buyers and there are sellers. That’s it. We don’t move price. We shouldn’t care who moves price. We just want them to keep doing what they are doing so that price keeps moving. The more it moves, the more opportunity we have to step into the market, dip our cups in the stream of money, and step back and soak in the rewards of our efforts.

Forex is simple. It is not easy. But it is simple.

It is you that is complicated. So stop it.

1 Like

Agree with all this on an intuitive level. “All stop, captain!” Awaiting your subsequent directions … (and thank you for doing this MasterGunner).

I am very curious about where you’re going with this. I’m looking forward to a completely different view on money managment and position sizing :slight_smile:

Btw, have you done all the math and statstics on this yourself or have you read it somewhere else, any recommended reading materiall to learn to setup a portfolio?

Thanks for sharing!

There’s no specific one source that I’ve obtained my methodology from. I’ve never read or seen anything out there that relates to the way I trade currency. It has been a half decade evolved byproduct stemming from my existing knowledge of financial markets, human psychology, and my relative experience trading Forex.

Okay, thanks, then I’ll wait for your explanations :slight_smile:

Well said!!

Well, whether your methodology is good, bad or ugly, that was a hell of a post! :o)
I am very interested in what is to come and only time will tell if you are sensei…or just senseless :wink:
Lead on!