Price Is Everything - Lets Focus on Price and Swings

Hi.
I dont see where your r:r of 1:5.8 comes from. Looking at your chart it seems to be approx 1:2. Have I misread it or missed something?
:slight_smile:

That’s exactly what I was thinking. 1:3 max if anything!

Another trade setup found and jumped right into it… As it’s in lower time frame, I’m going to risk only 0.15% and 1:2 RR on this trade setup. Confluence with 61.8 and a pinbar.

Well, in the chart it looks like 1:2. But the SL is 128 pips away and the TP is 203 pips away… :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, so your r:r is actually 1:1.58, not 1:5.8 :slight_smile:

Oops… Typing mistake… :stuck_out_tongue: My Bad… :smiley: Thanks for figuring out. :smiley:

NZDCHF (D1)… Got into this trade by watching this engulf type candlestick. Although the engulf was created previous day, I was waiting for today to see if I could get into any discounted price… And yes, I got it… Placed Stop loss just below the recent low. There was also a historical resistance level which turned into support. Trend is upward slopping. Risking 0.25% of my account and 1:2 RR. :slight_smile:

As usual 0.25% risk on this trade… RR is 1:2… But I may continue riding this trade once it moves 1:1, I may move my SL back to BE and continue riding on it till the end of this because the overall trend seems to be downward. Well I should not call it downtrend but it’s a range type pattern but thrust is on downside if you zoom out the chart. :slight_smile:

Took this trade because price was unable to break above the resistance and formed an inside Pin Bar. A bit risky setup. But no risk no gain. I would jump up on this trade on 15th of this month but I missed the opportunity. As I’ve came up with the idea of this new naked trading from yesterday, I am going to jump into it now. Risking 0.20% and RR 1:2.

Well your taking a good risk on this one incipious, although i would wait until the Au news come out in about 3 hrs from now, then decide which way you want to go.QUOTE=incipious;779299]Took this trade because price was unable to break above the resistance and formed an inside Pin Bar. A bit risky setup. But no risk no gain. I would jump up on this trade on 15th of this month but I missed the opportunity. As I’ve came up with the idea of this new naked trading from yesterday, I am going to jump into it now. Risking 0.20% and RR 1:2.

[/QUOTE]

Actually right now I’m only focusing on TA. Not giving priority to the news. I want to see how only TA based strategy ends up. I’m willing to risk 30% of my account for this strategy. If I’m hit by that drawdown, I’ll quit this strategy and will include some more filters like news events and FA. But to be honest, I’m not good at FA. :slight_smile: Thanks for your opinion. :slight_smile:

Hit by SL… 0.15% loss.

Got into this trade because there was a engulf pattern and also there was a pin bar. Taking 0.25% risk and 1:2 RR on this setup… :slight_smile:

This pair is ranging from last January 2016. Just figured out it formed a pin bar and engulf candle. Risking 0.25% on this trade and 1:1.4 RR, I’m going for a long placing stop below the pinbar. :slight_smile:

increased the TP from 1:1.58 to 1:3. Because it seems the price is more likely to move further downside. Once it moves 1:1, I’ll put my SL back to BE.

I am excited about this thread. I mostly swing trade using price action and S/R. I would love to learn fron others that do the same. Looks like you found a lot of good setups today.

What do your red boxes signify? S/R?

Welcome to this thread. I’m also learning and trying to implement different concepts in trading. Please feel free to post your charts as well as setups with us… :slight_smile:

Those are actually both S&R. I mark those to identify potential S&R easily by looking at a glance. :slight_smile:

Moved my SL to BE+10 pips. :slight_smile:

SL HIT… 0.26% loss.