What kind of pc would i need to trade? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    You definitely don't want to discredit speed, it is always an issue. There are a lot of other things you will need too. A multi monitor set up it nice, but not absolutely necessary. If you were a really heavy trader you would want it, and could afford it.

Any PC will do for trading, because all the software for trading isn't demanding about the requirements of your computer.

I also think that the specifications of the PC are not that important. Any trading platforms could run flawless on an average machine. More important is your internet connection and your location compared to your brokers Live server locations. In my opinion if you are aiming for perfect and fast execution you should go for a VPS (Virtual private server) and run your terminal from there. It would be the best to be within the same city as the Live server of your broker. Another pross is that you could run your platform constantly which is useful especially if you are using any EA in your strategies.

I recommend one of the new 15" MacBook Pros as a minimum. I mean, can you imagine how cool it will be setting bracket orders by using multi touch on that spiffy touch bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanwoo View Post
    I recommend one of the new 15" MacBook Pros as a minimum. I mean, can you imagine how cool it will be setting bracket orders by using multi touch on that spiffy touch bar?
    Actually I also use MaC, really cool!!
    On the other hand, totally agree internet connection also important too.

Everyone knows the more cores and screens you have the better you will trade! Just kidding. I have a good multi-screen set-up in my office, but I have an old laptop that I can trade with when traveling and it works just fine. Most trading platforms work just fine on a very cheap PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanwoo View Post
    Do you work with laptop? I personally prefer PC with a pair of monitors. It helps me not to switch working windows.

Hello Joschmoe! As a new Forex trader you have to concentrate on your trading strategy or system rather than your PC or Laptop! For doing Forex trading, don’t need to use modern PC or device! I use my old laptop and windows 7! But till now I am making standard profit, know why? Because of my trading skill and knowledge!

I don't think so that any trader requires any specific technology to access any broker's platform, but i think having appropriate knowledge and capital is required in order to earn money through forex trading.

I can only speak about the Meta Trader 4 platform, since this is what I use, but I can definitely say that it has pretty low system requirements. Even a relatively old machine should be able to run it smoothly without a problem.

Forum Sponsors