What is bloomberg and reuters technique?

can someone explain, many thanks!:15:

Well I also don’t have an idea. Looks like a news trading strategy. Excited to know :smiley:

I can’t speak to reuters, I use bloomberg. Bloomberg is an information provider for financial news and analysis. When I first started I found them less useful than I do today.

In the beginning my concentration was on tech analysis only. Today I use tech, fundamental and trader sentiment to present a complete strategy picture.

This is my opinion only. I found it easier to understand and apply technical analysis when I first started. I did not understand news or other fundamentals or trader sentiment as to how it applied to currency pairs. Logic told me that on a certain day or time if the Canadian dollar news was better than the US news, then I should be going short. Same as if I’m using an entry indicator like moving average cross, when the 2 ma’s cross I should be entering and exiting when they cross the again. As my learning improved I found out of course that entries and exits can not be based solely on ma crosses or any one indicator, they should be used along with other information to provide you with a complete and total picture. Fundamental and Sentiment analysis is the same as tech analysis. Just because at one particular time one currency pair has a major announcement, it is only part of an overall picture. To get the overall picture, you need a combo of tech, fundamental and sentiment analysis. Again this is my opinion, I found it easier to understand and apply information from Bloomberg to really benefit me, once I had a better picture of trading in the forex.

thanks, guys…someone told me that there is a special keyboard for bloomberg, paid subscrition of $2k+, the keyboard has shortcut keys that can view latest and current economic news at a stroke.