Trading platform/broker that will let me do the following:

Anyone know of a trading platform/broker that would let me do the following trade:

• Buy any of the major currency pairs with a stop loss at distance away (in pips) rather than having to work out the actual price at the point of trade
  • Simultaneously place a hedging trade with the same values in the opposite direction (i.e. sell) that doesn’t cancel out the buy trade

Would like spread to be no higher than 2.5 pips for major pairs (USD with EUR, GBP, CAD, AUS and JAP)

Bonus would be if I could automate the system to do this trade at a specific point in time in case I can’t get online (i.e. for certain news events)

Thanks!

Hi Alex

Tradable offers a wide selection of apps via its AppStore with functionality similar to what you’re looking for.
For example, with AutoProtector you can specify protection (SL) orders in pip distance for several pairs at a time.
Here is the app’s description:

Automatic attachment of stop losses and take profits for your orders including 2 definable sets of assumptions by individual product. You just trade, Autoprotector will do the rest.

Tradable also offers several apps for news trading, such as the Event Trader that lets you schedule trades depending on important events that can influence the market.

We’re constantly adding new apps from our partnerships with third party developers around the world.
If you don’t find what you’re looking for then let us know.

Let me know if I can be of service.

Best,
Søren
Product Manager - Tradable.

Hi,

Oanda has a default function that will let you set up stop loss and take profit in pips before your trade start and that settings will be used for future trades so you don’t have to set it over and over again.

There is no platform/broker that have what you require in your 2nd request.

cTrader has things that don’t appear in MT4 by default and it’s great to use. If you are interested in a good broker that offers cTrader and very low spread then you should check the link on my profile. Yes, I will benefit from it.

Alex, Oanda fulfills your first request perfectly. Also, they have tight spreads, zero commission, and they’re completely honest. I have traded through Oanda for almost a decade now.