Institutional traders thread on FF

If it’s against the rules mods can delete this thread…

On FF there is an interesting thread called “Is anyone here an institutional trader?” Very interesting read, so anyone with some spare time should read it to get some understandings of how do they trade for a profit…

Is anyone here an institutional trader? @ Forex Factory

Btw. if there any institutional traders here, they are welcomed to share their voice here too :smiley:

You’re right pretty good read and valuable. The message I took was learn how to trade retail, using the information that’s available from institutional traders to make the job a little easier. I think that’s where some traders go off track by trying to employ institutional traders philosophies to retail trading. Anyone who wants to see the difference should read the thread. I’m with you I hope the mods don’t delete the post. Again thanks
Gp

Yes, very interesting thread. Thanks Miliardo for flagging it up.

I must admit I was expecting the ususal fantasists and BS, but I’m sure these guys are genuine. It makes for some fascinating reading:

JacobFordFX: Trading in at a bank you have access to real-time information, you see what flows look like, what the customers (corporations and Hedge funds) are looking to do.

skenobi: … and believe it or not, I know some smarty-pants MBAs who can’t make money even WITH all this presumably advantageous information. (Btw, flow information is over-rated. With enough practice, you can predict flow with a reasonable degree of success just by looking at S/R lines on a plain bar chart. )

The bit above about predicting flow reminds me of what Sam Seiden talks about.

Also interesting to read what they say about stop running and where skenobi (I think) positions his stops - or manually closes out if he hasn’t set a hard stop.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Miliardo,

Thanks for the info on the [I]“Is anyone here an institutional trader?” [/I]thread.

Everyone interested in trading FX should try to find the time to read it. It really shatters a lot of the popular rumors and myths, volume, hunting/targeting retail stops, trading during/around econ reports, etc. :wink:

[QUOTE=“d-pip;662984”]Miliardo,

Thanks for the info on the “Is anyone here an institutional trader?” thread.

Everyone interested in trading FX should try to find the time to read it. It really shatters a lot of the popular rumors and myths, volume, hunting/targeting retail stops, trading during/around econ reports, etc. ;)[/QUOTE]

It’s kinda sad too see how much more conceptually advanced the posters are in that thread compared to most I’ve seen here :-/

Very good reading indeed. Thanks for sharing it.

Another thread - Technical Templates by Tess & Co…do read it…one of the best on Price Action trading thats been around on Babypips.