Average Pip Movement for Majors during news events

Hey guys,

I have searched high and low but cannot find what it is i am looking for. basically i am interested in knowing what the average pip movement is for the major currency pairs during the news events. I know this exists somewhere, i just don’t know where. My other option is to record them over the next year, although this is sort of tedious as someone has already done this somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Depends what the news is and how big an impact it will have on the country involved’s economy!
Intrest rate hike - big movement, politician stubs toe - not so big!
For red news between 50 and a few hundred pips in my experience, but…
what’s the average lenth of a piece of string? :wink:

Im sorry but this is useless response, and whats the use of commenting with useless information?

Well it was a pretty useless bloody question! :confused:

Well not really… if you think this is useless question you should consider getting a new pastime…

I will explain it for you. If one knows the average movement for certain news events, one can begin creating a strategy to trade those events and make pips… Its evident you don’t know the information and have not got this far yet as to see why it might be important so you`re better off not commenting at all.

However if anyone does know this information i would be very glad if you shared.

Cyris426, I hate to rain on your parade but its an impossible question to answer.
Past news events that are repeatable, say another 911 type attack to take an extreme, would not have the same impact on the markets as the original did, as it is something we have now had experience of and would therefore react differently to.
Likewise, the world constantly changes and since there are 2 sides to every currency pair you would need both sides to react in the same way as before for the original outcome to repeat.
And that is before we consider that it is different individuals and different algorithms making today’s trades to yesterday’s

it depend on impact of news . but you can see market which can move about 30-40 pip. and it depend on your pair. you can see higher moving with EJ, GU, EU, GOLD