Hi from Australia

Hi, my name is Jenny and I was born in NZ.
My first trading experience was by buying Au$500 worth of Indonesian Rupiah at the bank (was a millionaire! Got about 5million Rupiahs) - this was back in the early 1990’s sold it back to bank 2months later and made Au$73 - wow. At same time put AU$500 in term deposit - made Au$12 in one year!
Once trading became available for the little person online I traded mostly the German Mark (a good stable currency) then I made the big mistake of taking on a brand new currency - the Euro… well that started well then turned sour when euro dropped below parity against USD. The talk was it was not likely to go back above parity…hmmm.
My next big loss was during 9/11 - not a good time to be backing the USD.
I have since learnt a lot about good money management, patience and the importance of study :slight_smile:
I am now a full-time trader and have been so for a number of years - my hardest lesson was to ‘know when to hold em’ and ‘know when to fold em’

Greetings Jenny and welcome to the BabyPips.com community! Thank you for sharing your story and hopefully we can hear more lessons learned from your experiences over your long journey into trading. Good luck and good trading!