Scalping

When people say they scalp for pips, what are they referring to? 1 pip, 2 pips, 10 pips?

It’s different for everybody but usually it’s 15-20 pips. Not really worth the risk involved because you can’t get a decent risk reward on the trades and there’s not much in the way of long term consistency.

Gonna disagree here. The act of scalping has been abused by marketers to lure traders into this style of trading. Its a very lucrative style of trading but probably the single most riskiest style. True scalpers look at crossing the spread and then take profit. Nothing more nothing less. Anything else well its day trading. Two different strategies two different processes. And one common theme you’ll here is that you need to focus on the processes.

I think scalping is one of the easiest form or trading. I have tried it for several days with good result. It requires focus on every trade and no long term analysis. Scalpers prefer the 5mins to 30 mins charts. The logic is simple: Get in Get out Fast- Grab what you can.

+++++++++1.:60: This is why I want to be like you when I grow up.
Gp

Read bobbillbrowne’s post and once you’re comfortable with your strategy on the 30 minute. move up to 1 hour. Way bigger bank for your buck and you’re pretty much still in and out.
Gp