Bid/ask line and market watch window does not match!

I am using FXCM, I have noticed my sl has been hit regularly without the candle touching the stop loss. I have enabled show ask price, and it is different to the market watch window!

Anyone has any idea why it is so?

market watch is showing 1.13462/1.13467 but chart is showing 1.13451/1.13478

Going short - your position will be opened @ the Bid price
To close a short - you need to Buy @ the Ask price

Going long - your position will be opened @ the Ask price
To close a long - you need to Sell @ the Bid price

Yes but what he’s saying is that the bid/ask prices shown in the market watch window and those shown on the chart are different.

cant see clearly the image, blurred, as the attachment file also end up at invalid link page.
how much pips between those SL level (redline) into current price where your order closed.
but you may want to check “asymmetric slippage” with google along with brokers name, you may found lot of this case been there for years. my suggestion is use hidden SL may a good solution for it.
otherwise visit Broker Aid Station , and ask their representative directly.

OK this has been bugging me so I opened a demo account to see if I get the same thing - and I do. Image below shows clearly the difference between bid/ask prices shown on chart and those shown in the order box. This wouldn’t really bother me personally as I trade longer timeframes and the odd pip or two extra in the spread doesn’t matter. I’d like to know why it is though.

Got an answer back from FXCM:

“In terms of the bid and ask prices, the reason why the charts differ from the market watch window is because the charts on MT4 are yet to be updated to FXCM’s new spreads + commissions pricing model. Under this new pricing model, spreads are tighter meaning the prices in the market watch window are the correct ones to watch. Hopefully these will be updated in the near future.”

Not a very good answer… my stops are being hit with the wider stops, and they are still charging me the commissions…

What does hidden SL mean? Thanks!

Cheers
Hec

Thanks for checking it out… I guess I am just trying to blame anything I can find but my own skills … (just like golf hahah)

Cheers
Hec