Simple MT4 question - prepare to laugh

I just spent days trying to work out why my stop loss in MT4 was not triggering at the right time.

It pans out my broker, FXCM was part of the problem… apparently their chart prices are different to the market watch prices.

So I’ve moved broker, but still can’t work it out.

I have an EA setting a stop loss and take profit. Really simple. I’m not manually setting any of these… it’s done via the EA.

I can’t find a relationship between the lines on the chart, the spread, the bid, and the ask. I’ve tried taking screen shots but by the time I do that the spread has already changed and then there’s a delay for the EA to wait for the next tick so it can draw the SL and TP lines.

I just need one person in the entire world to fill in these questions. Is anyone able to?:

With spread of 0.4 pips, TP of 2 pips, a SL of 2 pips, BID line is currently at 78000… what are the following prices of the LINES showing on the MT4 chart?

BUY TRADE
Bid line: 78000
Ask line:
TP line:
SL line:

If we reach TP, order will close when the BID line is at:
If we reach TP, order will close when the ASK line is at:
If we reach SL, order will close when the BID line is at:
If we reach SL, order will close when the ASK line is at:

SELL TRADE
Bid line: 78000
Ask line:
TP line:
SL line:

If we reach TP, order will close when the BID line is at:
If we reach TP, order will close when the ASK line is at:
If we reach SL, order will close when the BID line is at:
If we reach SL, order will close when the ASK line is at:

I don’t care about the spread changing during the trade, slippage, or any other variables. I just need the basic answers.

I’ve attempted to do a graphic for each possibility. Someone said it’s wrong to begin with, so I give up… what’s wrong with the graphic (PNG attached).

I didn’t complete the last 2 squares.

And remember, it’s an EA setting the SL and TP, not done manually.

I’m fashioning a noose out of my shoe-laces so hoping someone can rescue me before the inevitable.