Can you trade with just technical analysis?

Must you do a fundemental analysis or can you trade just by technical analysis? If not can anyone post me some good fundemental news sites that give good info? Thanks!

Yes, you can and many traders do. I may be wrong, but I can’t imagine scalpers using fundamentals apart from perhaps trading around news.
The longer you plan holding a trade, the more aware of fundamentals and news events you have to be. I trade on technicals but keep these events in mind before and during trades.

Yes i can trade with just technical analysis , but its can not denied if fundamental has important impact in movement of market . but for trade with fundamental analysis not easy as we think , we will face confusion which there are time as unsure and unpredictable condition when news was released

Yeah I do know some traders who trade purely on technical analysis but I myself prefer looking at the fundamental reports as well. Economic events can determine whether a trend is set to continue or reverse after all, or when a range is bound to hold or to break.

I only trade technical analysis… the only reason for me to keep an eye on economic events is to know when to avoid doing anything in the market that I can’t handle.
I don’t trade news, events or report, but I am very aware of their release and sit out.

Technical analysis is about searching solid price patterns and using them in future to predict price movements. What I can say regarding Technical analysis is Warren Buffet’s words “When I turned over charts I understood that they’re the same”.
For fundamental events you can use economical calendar (I use in-built from Hotforex), follow some big players or political figures in social nets, watch breaking news etc.

yes. Been doing it for 7 years.

of course you can trade with technical analysis . I think start of many traders is with technicals. They understand fundamentals after it. There are many sites that provide good technical analysis . Here also need your risk management technique with using analysis.

[QUOTE=“Tygma;701827”]I only trade technical analysis… the only reason for me to keep an eye on economic events is to know when to avoid doing anything in the market that I can’t handle. I don’t trade news, events or report, but I am very aware of their release and sit out.[/QUOTE]

This is the key in my opinion. Fundamental to support technical. Technical analysis is the important aspect in learning the market. Fundamental can be difficult to interpret and see trough the clutter.

TA is never equal FA, anyone skipped CHF event? A decision can make a huge gap on a pair. How TA can help you in that case?

How did FA help you in that case?

Research the turtle traders bro. They cared not for fundamentals.

Yes you can trade with technical only.

[QUOTE=“moreoption;702395”]TA is never equal FA, anyone skipped CHF event? A decision can make a huge gap on a pair. How TA can help you in that case?[/QUOTE]

CHF case was quite unusual and i think there is hardly any other way to prepare those kind of events than careful trading and tight stops.

Fundamental couldn’t help either, it was NOT announced…that’s why it dropped so hard on the market…

This right , but be better if combine them to get better analyze , cause the market can not separated with news , any news coming can move the forex market signifactly . so we must more carefully

It is possible to trade using only technical analysis to analyze the market . There are so many indicators that one can make use of but sometimes i also keep up with the economic news to be accurate.

PipDiddy sums it up - the two approaches are so intertwined that in today’s market to attempt to exclude either one is of little sense.

Learn both, they go hand in hand, be so sure of your FA that you will use TA to enter, be so sure of your TA that you use your FA for confirmation of your trade.

If you get good at TA and you learn FA then you will become an even better trader.

Is FA useful to predict the market`s volatility??

Yes, however for swing traders or longer term traders it also pays to keep an eye out for any major fundamentals that may have an impact on the position.