Introduction to OctaFX

Dear traders,

This thread is created to answer any questions you have about OctaFX.
Our principle is all about making your trading experience convenient and outstanding, driving Forex trading to a whole new level.

Looking forward to your replies!

Respectfully yours,

[B]OctaFX team[/B].

Dear, Klingende Mynt!

Thank you for the question! Unfortunately, the direct transfer from other brokers to OctaFX is impossible, but we do not apply any commission fees for deposits or withdrawals.

Best Regards,

OctaFX Representative

Do you provide any kind of training or tutorials for beginner traders?

Good day to you, MikaR!

Thank you for the question!

I hasten to let you know that we on the stage of preparation of an educational section at our web-site at this very moment. So, stay tuned to our latest announcements and new services!

Moreover, if you a newcomer, I will recommend you to join our outstanding contests: cTrader Weekly Demo Contest or OctaFX Champion Demo Contest. These contests are devised specifically for the traders, who want to test their own abilities and immerse into fascinating atmosphere of learning and trading.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask me!

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Cool to hear. I hope you’ll post video tutorials? I just find them easier to understand.
It’s too early for me to participate in contests, but thank you for suggesting anyway. May be some other time in the future.

We hope too;) We have some ideas about our video tutorials, I think that they will take shape into action after the release of our educational section at our web-site.

If you think that it is too early to participate in our demo contests, it is high time just to open demo with OctaFX. Demo account is not worse than any tutorial you’ll find, it is the tutorial which is made by the trader himself:59:

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

I see what you mean. Well yeah I may try to check out a demo. It won’t cost me a cent, will it? Anyway thank you for a quick reply.

Sure, it will cost you nothing! Demo account is intended for education of newcomers and for testing of various trading strategies.

All the best with your trading,
OctaFX Rep.

I wasn’t sure where to ask this question, so I decided to post another message in your thread here. So I opened a demo account and launched cTrader to try and trade a bit. Since I’m a real beginner, I wasn’t sure where to start from. I’ve watched a few tutorials and got a general idea, but do you have any help section or an advice-for-beginners button in the program? I’m sorry for posting such a rookie question, but I’m completely lost :slight_smile: I hope I’m not asking the same question for umpteenth time :slight_smile:

Hello MikaR!

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have, you’re always welcome!

Unfortunately, we do not provide such option at our web-site, but if you want to find all the necessary and helpful information on the cTrader platform and its features, please, visit the following page http://help.spotware.com/.

If you have any questions about OctaFX and its services, please, ask me at any time you like!

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Yes, I actually have another question. I see you have quite a lot of contest options, including demos. When does the next round start in your demo contests? Can I participate in both of them?

Hello Mikar!

Next round of cTrader weekly demo contest starts in 3 days and OctaFX Champion Demo Contest - in 10 days, you have enough time to register and prepare, don’t miss your chance! You can join the next round by opening account here (cTrader demo contest) or here (Champion demo contest). Please, do not forget to sign in to your personal area, if you already have an account with OctaFX.

And yes, you can participate in any our demo contests simultaneously, as well as Supercharged Real Contest.

Moreover, we have great news for you, we’ve developed a new OctaFX Southampton Supreme Game demo contest. See how it works here. Every match takes place each Monday at 14:00 Server time.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Okay, a bit late for the first option, but others seem cool. Thank you for the information.

Hello

I would like to ask, how much is commission when trading on cTrader account. I have a problem to find it on you website.

Thank you

Hello madmat!

Thank you for your question!

You can deposit your account without any commissions, whether you trade on cTrader or MT4 account.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Hi

I meant what are transaction costs on cTrader account.

Thank you

Dear madmat,

All cTrader accounts are swap-free. Yet a fee is charged if you leave your position open for the weekend. The weekly rollover rates are provided here.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

Hi there, tell me what kind of spread do you provide, any requotes…lol hidden rocks?

Hello Rainer Hummel!

Thank you for the question!

OctaFX offers floating spread that varies depending on the market situation. The main advantage of floating spread over the fixed spread is that it is often lower than average, however you may expect it to widen at market open, during rollover at 00.00 (server time), during major news releases or high volatility periods. You can check minimum, typical and current spreads for all trading instruments on our website.

And we don’t have requotes. A requote occurs when the dealer on the other side of the trade sets an execution delay during which the price changes. As a non-dealing desk broker OctaFX simply offsets all orders with the liquidity providers to be executed at their end.

Best regards,
OctaFX Rep.

lol, obviously, they won’t tell you the hidden rocks whether they have them or not :slight_smile: