Bank rates question

How often do banks change their rates? Also what is the best way to keep up with bank rate decisions fundamentally. Normally i hear you watch cpi, housing sales, unemployment, building permits for when that red flag news shows, and read the report and see how things are going to get a rough idea of the new bank rate statement.

Thanks!

Jason

Cash rates and bank rates…are you looking to trade bonds? I think it might help to let everyone know where you are in the world since the terminology between govt. reserves are a little different. I think you might be an Aussie or Nzder? If that the case the measure you’ve been inquiring is the equivalent of USA’s -fed funds rate- or overnight rate. For the NZD -official cash rate- it’s released eight times a year. The AUD -cash rate- is given the first week of every month. Although these measures are paramount, keep a close watch on all cpi, GDP numbers as well as minutes if you don’t already. Start using an economic calender that describes the differences and priority of every release from the majors. Forex factory dot com has an excellent one for free and is a nice website. There’s plenty of forum there as well which 98% of the members swear they are profitable and have the numbers to prove it, lol.

Most banks review their rates monthly, although they seldom change them.
Your broker should show all upcoming financial news events, you need to keep aware of these

Thank you both that’s great information much appreciated!! I’ll be keeping a closer eye now!

I suggest you follow my buddy Forex Gump’s Piponomics blog because he comes up with monthly recaps for each economy to give you an idea of whether or not the central bank might adjust interest rates. He also has trading guides for those rate decisions. Piponomics - Forex Blog: Economic News & Indicators for FX Trading

Thank you very much pipdiddy!! I’ll check it out tomorrow before my session. With the 3ducks trading I’d like to be kept up with bank rate decisions to help my choices haha

Sure thing! Imma put a shameless plug for my own regular session updates right here too, in case you wanna have a quick refresher on what happened for the previous session and what’s coming up. Could be a pretty interesting week since we’ve got BOE and BOJ rate statements in store! Best of luck to you!

Very true on that week Pipdiddy! Thank you for replies! I’ll see you around the forums I’m sure!

Happy trading
Jason

I am more interested in looking for the rate decision by the Bank Of England and the outcome of the policy meetings.

This will also help me in deciding my future course of action :smiley:

USD doesn’t move with interest cycles as you would expect

With the FOMC minutes being released on Wednesday, and being one month away from the FOMC meeting, Brooks noted that whenever there has been a tightening cycle the USD has actually fallen over the last 30 years. The USD is also unlikely to be unsettled by the rate hike, with Brooks commenting that the Fed will urge on the side of caution and thus she will be surprised if the hike occurs in September.

See more at: China devaluation to cause uncertainty in policy, whilst USD to be unsettled by rate hike | TipTV.co.uk

Is the Federal Reserve at risk of flaking a second time?

Having made the choice to delay a rate hike last year, Marcus Ashworth thinks that the Fed will aim to avoid a repeat of this, but at the same time they want to soften the market to prevent their hand being forced on the matter. Until the payroll numbers are realised next month, it still remains a 50/50 call.

See more at: The Fed look to calm rate expectations, the successes of China’s currency plan, and have we heard the last from Greece? | TipTV.co.uk