Hi, Green as can be

Hello, my names John, Im 29 and live in Brisbane, Australia I’ve been told about this app off a mate of mine and thought that I’d check it out. I’m as green as they come in trading and have been self teaching myself about how this all works for about a week. I’m an electrician, and love what I do but though that I need to find other ways of income, as my daughter isn’t going to get cheaper haha.

I’ve bought my first book on this subject “Trading Secrets” Louise Bedford.
Followed many mentors on Instagram.
Started following YouTube channels on traders that give advice and webinars on things I should know.

I don’t want ALL the work done for me on what to trade, I want to learn how to make my own decisions on how to trade the market. But still be able to take tips and give tips on profitable trades. If anyone does have great websites or webinars where I could gain great knowledge on trading I’d highly appreciate it. I’ll take anything that gives good knowledge.

I’ve decided to go live from the get go, and trade with what I’m able loose. I’m going to start small but as soon as more then 50% of my trades are Profitable I’ll deposit more money to increase my capital.

I’m using the Oanda platform and that’s all I’ve tried so far. I’ve looked in MT4 but there isn’t a platform on MacBook pros without boot camping my MacBook.
I want to be able to take my MacBook to work to monitor activity on my breaks so if there is any platforms you could recommend please do.

A few questions I do have on my mind is

I notice that some traders will show what they make off their trades.I have the assumption these guys are day traders. If that’s the case do trend traders gain much less, more, or just as good as these high risk day traders do?

Is thee TTHisto indicator only for certain platforms or can I get this indicator onto my platform I’m using already?

Trading options and stocks? Is this much different to forex as for brokers and platforms?

That’s pretty much all I have to ask atm so I’ll just come back to here if I have more questions :slight_smile:
Thanks if you’ve read this far haha

Also if you have any books websites channels, anything! I’d love to take a look into it.
This is what I’ve got so far from babypips
A good read is “Trade your way to financial freedom” by Van Tharp
And these two websites
Chrislori.com
Stockcharts.com

Thanks Johnyg

The free school on here is probably the best learning resource available.
Spend a few months studying and read the threads on here to see what issues/solutions other traders face