Next stage of my journey

Hi,

I dabbled in forex a couple of years ago, made all of the noob mistakes and blew my account.

At that time I resolved that I would educate myself for two years, while saving up capital to open a new account and make a more informed go of it.

Well, the two years is up and we are on day 1 of the next stage (1 September 2015). I’ve completed the school of pipsology (what a great resource), read a few books (turtle traders anyone?!) run a demo account profitably for two months, and have given myself one further month now to put in place more of the daily routine that I think will help when trading a live account.

This includes being strict about my trading journal, setting aside time each day to review news and analysis, and doing some final research to choose a suitable broker and preferred platform.

Reading news and analysis often provides trading ideas, and I have developed my own trade identifier system looking at pair-specific customised RSI levels based on historic data. This is something that I have seen applied mostly to stocks but it seems to have some resonance in currencies too. It is somewhat discretionary in that the RSI flags a possible move then I look at price action to see if there are any patterns supporting my trade idea, and checking that S/R allow suitable risk/reward etc.

Thanks to babypips for providing a high quality free learning resource.

Any further suggestions for things to consider during this launch phase would be most welcome.

MOAT

Good luck to you on your journey…Wish you the best!

Glad to have you in our forex community! It’s great that you’re being more disciplined when it comes to our trading approach this time. Just keep on testing, practicing, recording until you achieve consistent profitability. Best of luck to you!