Trading Station Web

HI Jason,

I got your message, thanks for that .

I opened a Demo account at FXCM and took a look at the trading platform I put some S&R lines on a chart without any problems But when I logged in the next day they all disappeared. Is there a way to save them?

I also downloaded the desktop version and the installation went without any problems but when I try to start it from the desktop icon nothing happens. Any suggestions? (Windows Vista)

Also opened a demo on MT4 this works just fine. But I have 6 candles in 1 week I need only 5, can I change this somewhere?

Are FXCM charts on NY close data?

TC

It’s my pleasure, TC! I’m glad you found the info useful :slight_smile:

With Trading Station Web, your chart settings are saved in your internet browser cache. If you clear that out, then your settings will be reset. There is a way to save your profiles and layouts, so you can reload them. To do this, go to View > Profiles > Save Profile/Open Profile, or Layouts > Create Layout/Import Layout.

It’s hard to tell why the icon on your desktop isn’t working without knowing more details. I haven’t used Vista in years, but try going to Start > All Programs > FX Trading > FXCM Trading Station and see if that launches the platform.

If that works, then create a new desktop icon by going to Start > All Programs > FX Trading, then right-click on FXCM Trading Station and Send to > Desktop. If you still can’t launch the platform from the Start menu, then contact our 24 hour live customer support, so we can troubleshoot your tech issue in real time.

All of FXCM’s US-dollar denominated MT4 servers have New York Close charts. That means the server time zone is set to GMT+3, so midnight on the MT4 charts coincides with 5pm New York time.

All of FXCM’s Euro-denominated MT4 servers are set to GMT which means you will see a 6th Sunday candle each week. To get an MT4 demo with New York Close charts, simply register for a US-dollar denominated demo instead.

Thanks again Jason,

Your suggestion about the desktop version with the icon I tried already but that isnt the problem. I have the same issue with other applications I will have a look at the logs to find out

It’s my pleasure, TC

Thanks for the update!