Feeling guilty on missing a trade - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Believe me, one of the best things Ive done. I found I literally changed my opinion several times per day, which helped me ask myself the right questions. I learnt so much from that notebook.
    I would recommend googling for tips on keeping a professional journal, not strictly a trading one. Words words and more words will help you understand your goals, not TP 120, SL 80, entry 90. The second type of journaling barely helped me at all...

Quote Originally Posted by aakhabaev View Post
    Believe me, one of the best things Ive done. I found I literally changed my opinion several times per day, which helped me ask myself the right questions. I learnt so much from that notebook.
    I would recommend googling for tips on keeping a professional journal, not strictly a trading one. Words words and more words will help you understand your goals, not TP 120, SL 80, entry 90. The second type of journaling barely helped me at all...
    That's good advice. Also, I imagine that writing down ideas helps with going back to them at some point to try them out?

One of the two strategies I use is actually a strategy I used back in 2014 but abandoned... I went for something completely different after that. Didn't work out for me.
    Then, I found my journal from back then, and started re-modelling and re-creating... And bang, I trade something differnt now, but that old strategy was the basis on which I built

Quote Originally Posted by aakhabaev View Post
    One of the two strategies I use is actually a strategy I used back in 2014 but abandoned... I went for something completely different after that. Didn't work out for me.
    Then, I found my journal from back then, and started re-modelling and re-creating... And bang, I trade something differnt now, but that old strategy was the basis on which I built
    That's something that happens often, and it is a great example why one should write down ideas and knowledge they already have. It's interesting to go back to those a few years later and examine them through the lens of the new knowledge one has acquired in the meantime.
    Last edited by dianajs; 02-22-2017 at 06:16 AM.

Forum Sponsors