FXCM not executing trades on news ?!?!?

I recently joined fxcm. So I put an order in today before the 8:30 news all of I sudden I see my order on their trade station disappear and later on I get a popup saying the order was rejected. What gives? Do they not guarantee orders, I can understand if they filled me with a slightly worser price it’s news I get it. But not executing orders at all? Anyone seen this with them before. Does any broker actually guarantee execution? Thanks

No broker can guarantee orders, I get this all the time with FxPro. Sometimes the requote is in your favour, sometimes it isnt.

Hi Quagmire,

You mentioned this occurred during a news event. It’s possible the order was rejected because the best price available in the market was outside your specified Market Range/Range Entry.

Can you recall the exact wording of the popup message you received on your platform? What symbol (currency pair or CFD) were you trading? Was this an order to buy or sell? At what price?

Welcome to the forum!

In the future, if you have any questions about your FXCM account, please feel free to reach out to me in the Broker Aid Station. :slight_smile:

You are correct Jason.

As far as i joined FXCM, to be very honest i am very satisfied with their services and especially spreads on their standard account are wonderfull for traderlike me who trades on longer time frames.

Thanks Umar, and welcome to the forum!

I’m glad you are pleased with our services and spreads. :slight_smile: