Monthly Currency Trading Volumes - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trades are like buses, there is always another one around the corner
    You have no idea what futures are do you, compared to spot FX markets.

Quote Originally Posted by RISKonFX View Post
    You have no idea what futures are do you, compared to spot FX markets.
    Maybe he/she does, but it is whether he/she knows how to use the forex futures volume data..
    I am not sure that said.volume data will help him/her because he/she is after scalping...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantic View Post
    PipMeHappy thanks for your efforts.
    Will check that tomorrow.

Do you think the CME stuff will give a small realistic outlook in the Volumes ?
    Is there some of these information where the HFT happen ?
    Or do you believe it is complete useless ?

I dont need the realtime - "only" the most traded pairs descend sortet
    I do not trade currency futures so these queations would best be asked to someone who does...
    Interpreting forex futures volume figures is not the same as looking at, say, level 2 order flow for stocks... However, it can be interpreted to your advantage... I am not sure if it can support HFT but the CME charts with volume go down to the smallest timescale so you could
    in theory use them for scalping... You could have one window open with 1m currency futures and another with 1m spot forex charts, and buy/sell spot forex depending on whether the move up or down was confirmed by strong volume in the same direction as price action on the futures chart.

Trades are like buses, there is always another one around the corner
    Perhaps this will help, from CME Group - Think of it as an introduction, Fantic.

https://www.cmegroup.com/education/f...to-futures.pdf

Spot FX cash markets against Futures is not a clean cut comparison; I'd go as far to say that it's not even comparing 'apples with apples'. This is especially true when you stated that your intentions are to look into HFT, which takes place far more often in Spot markets, certainly not futures for a number of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RISKonFX View Post
    Perhaps this will help, from CME Group - Think of it as an introduction, Fantic.

https://www.cmegroup.com/education/f...to-futures.pdf

Spot FX cash markets against Futures is not a clean cut comparison; I'd go as far to say that it's not even comparing 'apples with apples'. This is especially true when you stated that your intentions are to look into HFT, which takes place far more often in Spot markets, certainly not futures for a number of reasons.
    Agreed...thanks for that...

I found a very useful thread about this very issue:

https://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=466035

Quote Originally Posted by HarriFX View Post
    do you know any brokers that offer forex futures as a demo on Metatrader?
    Most futures brokers will give a free trial as a demo, but it's going to be a short one, because exchanges charge for futures data-feeds and that cost will be coming out of the broker's pocket while you're using it on a demo account.

Still, they'll probably provide it for a month, if they take you seriously and think you might fund an account with them.

I don't know which ones have Metatrader. AMP Futures might offer it.

Futures and Metatrader are rather at the opposite ends of the experience-spectrum, among retail traders.

There are certainly traders using forex future volumes to trade spot forex, and that's a perfectly sensible thing to do, but as far as I know they're paying CME about $10 a month for a futures data-feed "for research purposes", i.e. not trading from it, which greatly reduces the price.

Forum Sponsors