CHF Depegging

I was very very lucky today when CHF decided to go crazy i was wondering if anyone had live positions on today and what happened to their stops etc if they happened to be long? Pepperstone at the moment in 30 pips wide on USDCHF so i think its likely to have been expensive either way but were brokers actually honouring guaranteed stops?

Wow i just realised how many brokers have turned off their pricing. Even LMax who i thought would have at least something isnt showing any liquidity at all.

I had a short on the CHFSGD, endured 350 pip slippage on my stop loss. Thank god it was a swing trade. I only risked 1%, ended up losing 2% because of slippage. If I had a shorter-term position, I would’ve been so dead.

I was told by FXCM chf markets were frozen because banks stopped providing liquidity.
I am not so sure the brokers froze it themselves with that. In total, USDCHF itself went crazy. It was a surprise rate decision by the Swiss.

Long on UJ and short on GU, nutz across the board, spread so wide its impossible to get out lol

Bloody SNB lol

Actually, I am not sure the brokers froze the market. I asked my broker and they said banks stopped offering liquidity. I am guessing it was temporary, as it is back up.

Sorry if this is a double post, don’t think last response posted?

That was wild! Anyone actually book a profit on that move??

Yeah, with lmax their liquidity is straight from the banks. I have no doubt the banks just turned off their engines. Thing is it should take a lot for all of the banks to be off at the same time.

I had Eur/Usd short and the Euro fell along with the CHF, so I turned $325 profit.
Ive also taken 3 more trades today, all short EusUsd, and hit TP on all 3 for another $385, so $710 for the day altogether

Got a message from FXCM saying my stops could not be executed. My account is down 40%. What to do now…?

I would post onto Jasons FXCM thread if I were you

Good for you, unfortunately such days are once a decade.

That is the silver lining for me I guess. I was short EUR/AUD, EUR/CAD, EUR/GBP, EUR/JPY, and EUR/USD going in to today.

Today’s move in the GBP/CHF was bigger than the price range for all of 2012, 2013, and 2014.

It was crazy today. I was short on AUDUSD which had “only” 65 pips spike ,trailing stop locked in +25 pips. I got email from broker 3h ago:

[I]

Please note that with immediate effect the below currency pairs are on close only until further notice:

EURCHF, AUDCHF, CHFJPY, CADCHF, GBPCHF, USDCHF and NZDCHF.
[/I]

Wow, CHF hits fresh highs late in session.

The interesting thing to me is that on January 5th and January 13th the Vice President and the President of the SNB reiterated that they will not remove the 1.2000 floor against the EURCHF and that it will remain a pillar of their monetary policy. Talking about misleading the markets as two days after the last reinsurance that they will keep it in place they decided to remove it. The moves in the CHF made 2008 look like a little, unimportant event.

Yeah. The markets are not manipulated… …accept by the government bureaus which “keep things fair”.

I had long positions in EUR/CHF but my stop losses held. I got stopped out at 1.1980. For those who had the misfortune of having the price gaping over your stops, may I ask where your stops were placed? I’m worried that my broker may re-quote or amend my trades, even though they have officially stated that they won’t. Therefore I’m trying to figure out if my stop losses were put in a place where others experienced gaps, or if they were perhaps above were the price started gaping. Feedback very much appreciated since this very much worries me.